Pointers For Trophy Hunters ...

EdVeal

To further the point above, Bows are by far the best weapon in the game, it's optimal to run 3, 2 in spectral slots, 1 in heavy. (You can also run one in light attack as it's the fastest attack/dps in the game, personally I never have pressed light attack in this game after like the first few levels.

You'll notice all the builds at the top of the leaderboards run the exact same thing, 3 bows + light attack weapon that'd irrelevant + SP Regen.

Guns also work as a different alternative that I used for a bit, instead of charging them up fully you have to time your button release. Either way both do outrageous damage.

For reference I've never once died in this game and rarely if ever heal. Final boss was a breeze, charge 3 bows and slowly walk backwards, 0 healing needed. 

There are 3 types of spectral attacks for Bows, Spread is the worst (you want a tight grouping for the arrows so they obliterate your target), Rapid is fine, it'll shoot out a bunch in a row. The best ones are Recurve bows, they have Pierce, it's pretty much a shotgun spread that goes through enemies and for bigger baddies can hit multiple hitboxes as it goes through em.

Since I picked up Bows and figured out how they worked early on in the story I don't think I've seen anything below pure platinum, I'm currently ~150 power so I've done quite a bit.

Don't use melee, it sucks and will add on a lot of time.

Use range, preferably bows, you'll one hit most things in the game that aren't bosses.

Edited by JKOROX
Spelling
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TheBritishBaron said:

I will add for the conches, you do not need to have 1 million on you for the trophy, you can spend them if you wanted to.

I concur with this. I got my trophy at ~830k conches.

I'll also mention that I got lucky and got divine oil as drops from the siege 3 times (!) so it's possible.

8 hours ago, NeuralPotato said:

Today the siege rotated to the third story ("Tower of Benben") in case you are looking for it. You either have to play through to the second area of the tower ("Duat") or wait until next week when it should rotate to one of the earlier areas.

Thank you for this. I've been trying to find some post online with a current location for the siege. I believe im still on the second story but will rush it tomorrow to unlock the third tower. Cheers.

4 hours ago, brentmorrow88 said:

@EdVeal Do you know if whether you Meld a weapon that has been Enhanced (to level 10 in my case) you lose the enhancements or they remain? Like its power level goes up to whatever, but the enhancements reset? Obviously I'm too worried about that happening to try it as enhancing takes forever.

The enhancement remains on the item that will increase in power. The item that will be used to increase power will be destroyed.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 11:55 AM, AJ_-_808 said:

Focus on energy regeneration for accessories/equipment modifiers 

Equip 2 (or could possible do 3) bows that have a charge attack

Charge both bows at the same time

Pick a target and release charged bows for obliteration

With the right setup, you can blow through sieges in about 5 minutes.

This is my build of choice, which I refer to as a "dash" build. I run around perpetually and charge my two spectral bows constantly. My equipment immediately restores my SP, regains HP with each enemy hit and killed, and rewards me for dashing/hitting consecutive shots. I can hit almost everything on the screen at once. For my weapon assigned to the triangle button, which isn't used, I opt for something that has a nice passive effect, like an aura or extra damage or something.