Today I Learned (TIL)... the game!

Annoyingtiger888

50091-Vernon-Howard-Quote-Always-walk-th

Today I Learned... is a pretty simple game. You just post something you learned today! It could be a life lesson, a random fact, a new game mechanic, anything!

As humans, we are constantly learning new things, sometimes unexpectedly, and I thought it would be fun to share that with others ^-^)/

I'll start it off with an interesting fact I learned today.

Today I Learned... that orcas are bullying great white sharks and making them flee their hunting area. This is because they - somehow - learned that a great white's liver is full of nutrients. This is messing up the ecosystem and has researchers fascinated! You can read more from this article. It was quite fascinating for me which is rare because I usually just skim over news articles haha Then again, I've always preferred the animal kingdom over the human one.

So, I ask you PSNP: What did you learn today? ?

• 3 weeks later...

The Etruscans were an ancient civilization that occupied Central Italy from the 8th Century BC to the 3rd Century BC. They played a huge role in the general life of the Mediterranean, influencing many of the ancient cultures and peoples. Their influence in arts, architecture, religion and politics played a huge role in the formation and shaping of Roman life. 

On 1/21/2023 at 5:49 PM, Annoyingtiger888 said:

that orcas are bullying great white sharks and making them flee their hunting area. This is because they - somehow - learned that a great white's liver is full of nutrients.

Learn what the Humpbacks are doing to the Orcas in possible retaliation:

https://radiolab.org/episodes/humpback-and-killer

TIL(partly): Caterpillars don’t just grow wings when they’re in their chrysalis. They have the slightest structure of their caterpillar legs and wings, but otherwise dissolve back into ooze and re-form into a butterfly. 

Great podcast from radiolab about it here: https://radiolab.org/episodes/black-box