Dualsense battery question mark icon.

snoopdoggtg

I'm a new owner of a PS5 and I have a weird question mark on the battery icon after charging the controller. The controller works fine, the battery lasts long and after connecting the cable the controller is charging right away. The only issue I have is this mysterious question mark, but after disconnecting and connecting the cable again, the icon just shows a fully charged battery. What's causing this?

Edited by snoopdoggtg

16 minutes ago, percy547389126yv said:

It could be the cable that you're using is defective or you could be overcharging the controller. It would help to get a charging station and an extra controller, just in case if there is any further problems.

Overcharging the controller?

The "?" is meant to inform you that there's a battery issue. The three main causes is A. You controller has a faulty/defective battery, B. You're using the wrong charge cable and the system is trying to tell you this and C. You're playing a game while the controller is charging. For some reason this confuses the hell out of the PS5 sometimes.

The most likely issue if your charge cable, but it's still charge for use so....

Generally accepted solution is to just ignore it. If the controller is charging and you can use it, let the system think whatever it wants. If it suddenly stops charging, test another wire to determine if it's an issue with the wire or the controller.

• Like 1

I get this all the time, especially with the God of War controller. I just disconnect and reconnect the cable and it starts charging again. 

The cable I have came with the PS5 and not sure if it does it with my other controllers because I only use the God of War one now. I think it may have been the same with my blue one as well but never experienced it with my white ones 

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

The "?" is meant to inform you that there's a battery issue. The three main causes is A. You controller has a faulty/defective battery, B. You're using the wrong charge cable and the system is trying to tell you this and C. You're playing a game while the controller is charging. For some reason this confuses the hell out of the PS5 sometimes.

The most likely issue if your charge cable, but it's still charge for use so....

Generally accepted solution is to just ignore it. If the controller is charging and you can use it, let the system think whatever it wants. If it suddenly stops charging, test another wire to determine if it's an issue with the wire or the controller.

I'm using the cable that was included with the console and yes, I'm usually charging it while playing a game. I'm gonna try my phone cable next time out of curiosity.