Dead Space Remake - All Collectible Locations [Logs, Nodes, Upgrades, Side Quests etc.] + Trophy Guides

Ben-Gun

31 minutes ago, foxische said:

I’d appreciate the reliable way to get the wishbone

I think that one is just a case of doing a certain amount of damage to a limb, then pulling it off yourself with the enemy still alive.

You cant pull limbs off usually iof course, but I believe if a limb is perhaps in a critical state of its individual health, then you can pull it off.

Ive not got to testing an accurate way for this yet, that will be last for me. But the simplest way I would imagine is to use stasis to freeze a necro, then shoot an arm twice, then try to pull. If no go, then shoot 1 more and then try to pull etc

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I think that one is just a case of doing a certain amount of damage to a limb, then pulling it off yourself with the enemy still alive.

You cant pull limbs off usually iof course, but I believe if a limb is perhaps in a critical state of its individual health, then you can pull it off.

Ive not got to testing an accurate way for this yet, that will be last for me. But the simplest way I would imagine is to use stasis to freeze a necro, then shoot an arm twice, then try to pull. If no go, then shoot 1 more and then try to pull etc

After few dozen of tries on hard difficulty, for the sake of keeping the enemies alive as long as possible, I’m still unsuccessful, I use the pulling ability after each shot, but the limb doesn’t seem to react then ends up on the floor due to damage. I repeat with another limb, but usually the necromorph is dead by the 2nd limb in the critical state. Unupgraded pulse rifle was used.

1 hour ago, foxische said:

After few dozen of tries on hard difficulty, for the sake of keeping the enemies alive as long as possible, I’m still unsuccessful, I use the pulling ability after each shot, but the limb doesn’t seem to react then ends up on the floor due to damage. I repeat with another limb, but usually the necromorph is dead by the 2nd limb in the critical state. Unupgraded pulse rifle was used.

Ive not tested it throroughly yet and wont be doing so for a while, but surely the guide over on PPyx has and has given a definitive method for it??

Im only on Chapter 4, though they've had it over there for maybe a few weeks now so have had plenty of time to test a surefire method...??

Looking back at my Trophy PS5 video, when it popped for me, I seemed to have used stasis near the arm, straight after shooting it off and I cant quite tell exactly what is occurring, I will learn with more testing later, but way later.

What it looks like, is that I shot of the spear tip, and then pull the upper arm towards me. When the trophy popped, the upper arm is what I had grabbed. So maybe you have to shoot of the spear tip of the arm, then pull the other half of the limb off. Maybe it works that way, if you shoot the end off, the game lets you pull off the remaining part of the limb.

Its either that OR, I stasis'd the arm while it was still airborne after shooting it off, you know, before it hit the ground.

Sorry I cant give much more info than that mate, I just get it unintentionally when I did, and cant answer in-depth on the solution as its something I will leave till last to test. First of all im trying to map out the whole game, smaller stuff will be last for me.

Let me know though if that helps

24 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Ah so thats all it is, once its about to drop off, there is a very small window in which it dangles and you must grab it then.

There is also a AI manipulation trick where if you get to a room where you must move something with kinesis to pass by, and only move it partially, then the enemies just stand there looking at you if you stand in the kinesis objects path. Could be good for this.

Usually a kinesis object needed to pass becomes inactive once moved to the end of its path. It locks into place and I guess this sends a signal to the AI telling it that it can pass the objects path now. If not locked into place though, guess that prevents the AI from passing it, maybe so that you dont try and ram the object into it whatever that would do ;)

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Ah so thats all it is, once its about to drop off, there is a very small window in which it dangles and you must grab it then.

There is also a AI manipulation trick where if you get to a room where you must move something with kinesis to pass by, and only move it partially, then the enemies just stand there looking at you if you stand in the kinesis objects path. Could be good for this.

Usually a kinesis object needed to pass becomes inactive once moved to the end of its path. It locks into place and I guess this sends a signal to the AI telling it that it can pass the objects path now. If not locked into place though, guess that prevents the AI from passing it, maybe so that you dont try and ram the object into it whatever that would do ;)

eventually I popped the trophy on the crawling necromorph and using the plasma cutter.

This trophy can be super tricky, but with the right setup you'll manage. I recommend using the Pulse Rifle with no upgrades. You might have to load an old save or start a new game, but it's also possible with the weapon upgraded. When you see the limp dangling (long meaty string from shoulder to arm), be sure that you use Telekenesis near the shoulder. Sometimes you pull the bone from the hand instead. Keep a save close to where you attempt this - it can take a couple of tries.