WARNING: Purist Glitched

Timmah200

Hey all...just finished the game today and discovered that the "Purist" trophy is glitched.

I know I 100% did NOT kill any rodents at all during my playthrough because after the final sequence is over and you are dumped back in your house, if you open up your journal, all the achievements are listed there.  In my journal, "Purist" is unlocked with everything else.  The "Do the Things" achievement is also unlocked.  So I know I achieved this, but it didn't pop.

I'm not sure I want to do another full run to try and unlock this trophy...it's not a hard game, but extremely frustrating and unfair at times (in my opinion).

Let me know if anyone finds a solution.

I had this happen to me and made a topic about it on the PS4 version forum. I got it by doing another play through, but I also deleted my first game save because your in game awards carry over between playthroughs, and I wasn't sure if that would cause problems if I tried to achieve it again. 

I understand your frustration. I had the same thoughts as you..not hard but frustrating at times.  good luck if you decide to try again.  

On 1/29/2023 at 11:57 PM, Tankor_smash said:

I had this happen to me and made a topic about it on the PS4 version forum. I got it by doing another play through, but I also deleted my first game save because your in game awards carry over between playthroughs, and I wasn't sure if that would cause problems if I tried to achieve it again. 

I understand your frustration. I had the same thoughts as you..not hard but frustrating at times.  good luck if you decide to try again.  

thanks for your post on the matter. i am currently working my way through the plat and am saving the trophy for making a chicken explode as my last trophy. ill let you know if purist glitches or not.

edit: so purist unlocked just fine. after killing the chicken, that popped fine and then the plat. so i would just save the chicken trophy for the last trophy to anyone else going for this plat.

this game can be so frustrating though. good god. kinda shows just how amazing a link to the past really is. no dungeon map?! unacceptable.

Edited by EightBitArtist
  • Like 2

UPDATE: Credit goes to @Tankor_smash.

Deleting my original save and starting completely fresh with only "Purist" needed, the trophy unlocked during the credits and then the platinum.  It should update on my profile within an hour of this post.  This works for both the PS4 version (as confirmed by Tankor) and the PS5 version (just happened for me).

So, a solution is to either leave it for last (if possible) or do a second run and only go for "Purist" at the end....a bit annoying, but it works.

I'm going to message the publisher on their Discord server and let them know of the bug.  Odds are slim, but they might fix it.

Here's some guides to make your second run a bit easier:

Guide for the final dungeon: https://www.digitaltq.com/airoheart-carthicus-dungeon-final-ending-walkthrough-part-12#t1

Guide for the entire game: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/358805-airoheart/faqs/80183/items

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For anyone recently checking this out, I just had the same glitch, March, 2023… In game achievement unlocked but no trophy for that or platinum. I am deleting my save and trying a second playthrough and will report if it unlocks on the second run. Fingers crossed! 

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me - I had a cloud save right before the final boss, and replayed it 3 times to try and get the Purist to pop and it didn't.

I definitely did the requirements, as the in-game achievement popped - just not the actual trophy, so as far as I can tell, there's no way to fix it if you've done everything else in one playthrough.

Because I left Purist until last, and did everything else, I'll need to do an entire playthrough again on a fresh save to pop it.

To reiterate the above: MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE AT LEAST ONE EASY TROPHY INCOMPLETE IN YOUR FIRST PLAYTHROUGH!

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, Ric said:

Maximum mana glitched for me, I have all 8 mana orbs but the in-game achievements and trophy did not unlock. Or am I missing something?

U1gBWM4.jpg

I can't remember how many mana orbs there are in total, but I do know that when I did this, it didn't glitch on me.

Head to this link and scroll down to the achievement; it lists everything you need to do to get all mana orbs:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/358805-airoheart/faqs/80183/achievements

Let us know what happens.  Maybe a patch that came through after my platinum run messed something up.

6 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

I can't remember how many mana orbs there are in total, but I do know that when I did this, it didn't glitch on me.

Head to this link and scroll down to the achievement; it lists everything you need to do to get all mana orbs:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/358805-airoheart/faqs/80183/achievements

Let us know what happens.  Maybe a patch that came through after my platinum run messed something up.

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, I used that site to collect them. I've done all of the ones listed there. In my image you can see that none of the hearts or mana orbs are greyed out, so I think I should have them all. I'm just not sure if that little picture of that girl does something for it. Not really sure what that is supposed to be for. It looks like it's greyed out.

I've started a new playthrough. Just beat the first 4 dungeons quickly without picking up any of the mana orbs. I think I may need the climbing gear too to reach the NPC in the mountains, so I'll have some more dungeons to do.

I will try to get them all one after the other once I have access to all of the requirements. I will let you know if that worked.

So Maximum Mana definitelly got bugged for me. After spending 5 hours getting the first 6 dungeons done again, without doing any of the mana orbs. Then spending half an hour (mostly thanks to the stupid NPC on the mountain) getting all of the orbs I got the trophy.

Some possible ideas:

• When it got bugged I got the "find the little girl" quest last, so maybe that didn;t  trigger it.
  • It was also in the night time bit, so maybe that was the issue.

I guess getting all orbs before the night time bit (and possibly not do the quest mentioned above last) is the best plan.

Edited by Ric

5 hours ago, Ric said:

So Maximum Mana definitelly got bugged for me. After spending 5 hours getting the first 6 dungeons done again, without doing any of the mana orbs. Then spending half an hour (mostly thanks to the stupid NPC on the mountain) getting all of the orbs I got the trophy.

Some possible ideas:

• When it got bugged I got the "find the little girl" quest last, so maybe that didn;t  trigger it.
  • It was also in the night time bit, so maybe that was the issue.

I guess getting all orbs before the night time bit (and possibly not do the quest mentioned above last) is the best plan.

Thanks for this!  Will surely help out some future trophy hunters.

• Like 1