Older version for faithful cartographer and challenges?

nurezku

I have physical version of the game. Should I play an older version of the game for the faithful cartographer and challenges trophies? How does the 1.0 version perform and is it even playable? I assume those two trophies would be easier since there are less regions and less challenges. At least the challenges might be worth it in my opinion in the older version.

As far as I know, Faithful Cartographer is unobtainable on the first couple of patches (and it's impossible to get back to a specific patch like you can with some other games), as a couple of areas wouldn't track properly. For the challenges, assuming they weren't glitched in any way (not 100% sure about that), you'd only avoid playing one or two of those. Not worth it in my opinion, as the entire game without patches is sadly a bit of a mess. 

• Like 1

@nurezkuI went and tested it, if you don't patch the disc version you get 1.3 version which didn't have debug, as well as there was an unobtainable location for Cartographer on this version as well. And for the challenges, you only skip Archivist which is actually one of the easier challenges in this game and takes like 3h to finish, so if you want to give it a shot and let me know. I have no idea if the challenges are unloackable on this version, so it's a risk. Also, every save you've done on the current version will not work if you downgrade so keep that in mind.

Forgot to mention, on 1.3 unlimited calories exploit does not exist, so you'd trade diffculty in 5 challenges for not having to play the 6th one, as having unlimited Cat tails lets you breeze through the challenges without having to look for food.

Edited by HaserPL
  • Like 1

On 2.2.2023 at 6:34 PM, HaserPL said:

@nurezkuI went and tested it, if you don't patch the disc version you get 1.3 version which didn't have debug, as well as there was an unobtainable location for Cartographer on this version as well. And for the challenges, you only skip Archivist which is actually one of the easier challenges in this game and takes like 3h to finish, so if you want to give it a shot and let me know. I have no idea if the challenges are unloackable on this version, so it's a risk. Also, every save you've done on the current version will not work if you downgrade so keep that in mind.

Forgot to mention, on 1.3 unlimited calories exploit does not exist, so you'd trade diffculty in 5 challenges for not having to play the 6th one, as having unlimited Cat tails lets you breeze through the challenges without having to look for food.

Okey thanks for the reply. I think I will wait for the dlc to come out since it resets the saves before starting sandbox. How about as the dead sleep and escape the darkwalker challenges. Don't you have to do those for the trophy? 

41 minutes ago, nurezku said:

Okey thanks for the reply. I think I will wait for the dlc to come out since it resets the saves before starting sandbox. How about as the dead sleep and escape the darkwalker challenges. Don't you have to do those for the trophy? 

No, they are not required. 

• Like 1