Missing button prompt (bug)

Lanky-Lemon

So upon attempting to 100% the collectibles and backtrack through Alfheim to the Temple of Light, I've hit a wall - literally.

There's a wall 'crack' that you're supposed to shimmy through to the nearby Nornir chest and onwards to the Temple of Light, except the circle button prompt is entirely absent and my post-game partner either refuses to enter the crack all together or gets through to the other side with no option for me to join them...

Quite a frustrating bug and it seems to have been in the game since launch based on others comments on YouTube.

Anyone here encountered this? Any solutions beyond waiting for a patch? Itching for that 100% ?

EDIT: Found a video of exactly what I'm talking about, happening to some other poor soul.

https://youtu.be/VIfyaT3iXiw

Edited by Lanky-Lemon
Added Link

1 hour ago, Vitallani said:

Something similar happened to me in the 2018 game with a Lore Marker. I'm stuck at 99% with it. Fortunately nothing like that happened to me with Ragnarok.

Really sucks man. I fully understand a few bugs here and there on such a massive game, but this has apparently been there since launch and survived several beefy patches. I just need my circle button back. ?

• Like 1

If it's anything like the 2018 bug, I think like me you're done for (unless you have an earlier save before the bug that you're able to go back to). I replayed the 2018 one on New Game+, but I don't have it in me to recollect every single thing again. Fortunately in both cases, lore markers aren't required for trophies, but it is annoying, since it was a game I liked enough to go beyond what was required for the Platinum. 

On 2/11/2023 at 8:56 AM, Lanky-Lemon said:

...cut...

That's maybe a long shot, but...

IIRC in "Accessibility" settings you could switch on the option for automatic jumps/climbing all "clickable" things - that instead of pressing key for jump between the platforms, your character was doing that by himself as soon you have reached the edge or wall you could climb. Same for those narrow passages. Maybe that could somehow do the trick?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Smashero said:

That's maybe a long shot, but...

IIRC in "Accessibility" settings you could switch on the option for automatic jumps/climbing all "clickable" things - that instead of pressing key for jump between the platforms, your character was doing that by himself as soon you have reached the edge or wall you could climb. Same for those narrow passages. Maybe that could somehow do the trick?

That's a good idea actually. At one point in the game my compass disappeared and it wouldn't come back. I went into the settings, turned off the compass, went back to the game, went into settings again, turned the compass back on, and then when I started moving, the compass reappeared. It's possible something like that might work for the button prompt as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vitallani said:

That's a good idea actually. At one point in the game my compass disappeared and it wouldn't come back. I went into the settings, turned off the compass, went back to the game, went into settings again, turned the compass back on, and then when I started moving, the compass reappeared. It's possible something like that might work for the button prompt as well.

Yeah unfortunately none of the settings seem to have made a difference. Just gonna wait a few months for a patch & if it's not sorted I guess it's round 2 with Kratos.