A Festival of Friendship Update

Caesar Clown

With the new update, comes new villagers, and with the new villagers comes... maybe a bug?

Straight to the trophy news, Olaf has no house, he shares the same house with Anna and Kristoff. That leaves Mirabel, who has a house to add, but... it doesn't count. After placing her house, and even doing a quest which literally is described as fixing her house, the "Repair Houses" counter was still at 12/20. I'm going to guess this is a bug, at least, I hope it is. Maybe another quest will bump up the "Repair" and everything is perfectly fine.

Edit: I'm trying to finish the level 10 quest for Mirabel and so far nothing has bumped up the counter. The last quest involves waiting a certain amount of time so I can't tell what completing it does.

Edited by Caesar Clown
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

With the new update, comes new villagers, and with the new villagers comes... maybe a bug?

Straight to the trophy news, Olaf has no house, he shares the same house with Anna and Kristoff. That leaves Mirabel, who has a house to add, but... it doesn't count. After placing her house, and even doing a quest which literally is described as fixing her house, the "Repair Houses" counter was still at 12/20. I'm going to guess this is a bug, at least, I hope it is. Maybe another quest will bump up the "Repair" and everything is perfectly fine.

Edit: I'm trying to finish the level 10 quest for Mirabel and so far nothing has bumped up the counter. The last quest involves waiting a certain amount of time so I can't tell what completing it does.

I've only just started the new quests, but that's a bit disappointing. This platinum is definitely not going to be achievable this year then at the rate they're releasing new characters and the fact that some don't have new houses.

Mirabels house definitely count on switch. 13/20 in my game. So it seems this is a bug and I really hope that there are more than 30 houses which are counting for the achievement in the game.

I’m a little afraid that this bug could prevent us from getting the platinum in 1 or 2 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dini_at_home_400 said:

Mirabels house definitely count on switch. 13/20 in my game. So it seems this is a bug and I really hope that there are more than 30 houses which are counting for the achievement in the game.

I’m a little afraid that this bug could prevent us from getting the platinum in 1 or 2 years. 

A big thanks for that info! That solves that issue.

I had been thinking about what was mentioned above, I really don't think there's enough room for that many houses (Mirabel's house was massive) AND your own decorations for each area.

On 17/02/2023 at 2:07 PM, Dini_at_home_400 said:

Darn, didn't count for me on PS5 but it strangely didn't have any of the Scrooge repair sign business either as the other 12 did.

4 hours ago, Anke said:

Darn, didn't count for me on PS5 but it strangely didn't have any of the Scrooge repair sign business either as the other 12 did.

Yes, didn’t count for me too. PS4/PS5

I reported this to the Devs and I really hope the switch achievement bugged out instead of the PS5/PS4 cause I‘m afraid that there are in total exactly 30 houses and this bug could prevent us from getting the trophy in 1 or 2 years. :/

19 hours ago, SamNickzx said:

Seems the latest patch didn't fix the repair houses total, still at 12 instead of 13...

I even tried advancing Mirabel's story a bit to see if that triggered it but still nothing. Anyone tried finishing all her missions?

I can only recommend posting on their Discord to make sure they see we're having issues.

5 minutes ago, Anke said:

I even tried advancing Mirabel's story a bit to see if that triggered it but still nothing. Anyone tried finishing all her missions?

I can only recommend posting on their Discord to make sure they see we're having issues.

Finishing her quests doesn't change it. I'm gonna fill out one of those bug reports on their Trello board later.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Finishing her quests doesn't change it. I'm gonna fill out one of those bug reports on their Trello board later.

Hopefully you hear something, I had raised a bug report for the same issue on 19th Feb, and I've heard nothing at all.

I've also Tweeted and DM'd their support channels for an update. 

Edited by S1L3NT_STR1K3_

On 02/03/2023 at 9:32 PM, Anke said:

There's always the possibility that the Switch version that does register as 13/20 for Mirabel's house is wrong, after all there was no Scrooge building noticeboard or the animation that goes with it.

Oh yeah didn't even notice that, definitely something they need to consider for future releases. 

I got an update from the developers last week - they said they've passed concerns onto the relevant team, to investigate. No timescales understandably, but will post here if I hear anything

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a reply from the developers - they have logged the issue, regarding Mirabel's Mini-Casita not progressing the Renovator trophy. 

They will investigate why this issue has occured, but they've asked players to bear with as the game is still early access. So they're monitoring any issues that do occur

3 hours ago, S1L3NT_STR1K3_ said:

I've had a reply from the developers - they have logged the issue, regarding Mirabel's Mini-Casita not progressing the Renovator trophy. 

They will investigate why this issue has occured, but they've asked players to bear with as the game is still early access. So they're monitoring any issues that do occur

How intriguing, I heard from official sources in their Discord that it was never meant to count anyway.

11 hours ago, S1L3NT_STR1K3_ said:

It's a bit odd if that was an intended move, as you are constructing a house for a character. Let's hope any new content doesn't have similar issues

That's the worrying thing for sure, let alone where 18 more houses are actually going to fit.