Solution To Avoid Trophy 'Bugs'

Dark_Overlord

After being hit with the infamous 'Character Collector' trophy I joined the discord and Craig sorted it for me :)

I asked if he knew what caused the bug and this was his response

Trophies don't pop when an objective is claimed without the player doing anything to earn it in that play session So if the game crashes, or if you close the game, then open it and claim objectives right away without playing first, the bug happens

So if you claim the rewards after playing at least one match in that session (whilst achieving some part of the challenge), you should be all good and it will pop as it should

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 2/17/2023 at 2:18 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

After being hit with the infamous 'Character Collector' trophy I joined the discord and Craig sorted it for me :)

I asked if he knew what caused the bug and this was his response

So if you claim the rewards after playing at least one match in that session (whilst achieving some part of the challenge), you should be all good and it will pop as it should

Unfortunately this doesn't work

On my first fucking match,the game just couldn't get pass the final match screen after pressing X to rematch

It got Frozen on the "B burning" screen 

And i didn't unlock the "Free!" Trophy

I tried to play again a few matches doing the same and without claiming the  reward and it didn't worked 

13 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Unfortunately this doesn't work

On my first fucking match,the game just couldn't get pass the final match screen after pressing X to rematch

It got Frozen on the "B burning" screen 

And i didn't unlock the "Free!" Trophy

I tried to play again a few matches doing the same and without claiming the  reward and it didn't worked 

The issue is it has to be in the same game session, which means you can't exit the game at all or it's classed as a new session 😕

The stability on this game is pretty bad 😕

The only thing you can do is delete the save file (you can back it up and restore it later) and fulfill the requirements and claim it in the same session.

3 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

The issue is it has to be in the same game session, which means you can't exit the game at all or it's classed as a new session 😕

The stability on this game is pretty bad 😕

The only thing you can do is delete the save file (you can back it up and restore it later) and fulfill the requirements and claim it in the same session.

But isn't the save online?

And deleting would do nothing.

Plus when the game freezes

Only way is closing 

8 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

But isn't the save online?

And deleting would do nothing.

Plus when the game freezes

Only way is closing 

You have a local save and an online save, the online save seems to superseed the offline save and overwrite it.  If you play offline it will only use the local save file :)

Sadly, keeping regular backups is the only way to progress in this game.

22 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Didn't know that,but, Which trophies can be saved by this?

Only arcade right?

Or can i unlock everything offline playing party mode?

You can unlock everything except the online trophies by playing offline.

EDIT - I did just notice that the guide lists pretty much everything as online only.  So I started up a new blank account and did the Two For One trophy, it popped exactly when it should but I couldn't claim the reward.  So it seems that some will pop but maybe not others, guessing on if it requires the challenge to be claimed 😕

Edited by Dark_Overlord