Chapter Select

Caljb03

Hi Everyone

To anyone who's played through this yet, is there chapter select? Or any way to cleanup your collectibles?

Worried that while I'm missing stuff ill need to replay it haha

*Update* After beating the game, there is a chapter select for you to go back and replay levels. It also tells you how many collectibles you've found in that area. So you're able to clean up perfectly fine, also get the missable trophies like shooting a thunderjaw disc or defeating a grazer

Edited by Caljb03
Updated information
  • Like 3

I'm sure there will be as there are parts of levels with split paths and parts (likely hiding collectibles) that require tools gathered later to access.  The first time I used the map table, I could not go backwards to the previous sections so perhaps you have to beat the game first.  Admittedly I haven't been back to the village since being forced to go back the first time, so time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cycoivan said:

I'm sure there will be as there are parts of levels with split paths and parts (likely hiding collectibles) that require tools gathered later to access.  The first time I used the map table, I could not go backwards to the previous sections so perhaps you have to beat the game first.  Admittedly I haven't been back to the village since being forced to go back the first time, so time will tell.

Yeah I posted this before getting to the map table so I assume that you can go back once you beat the game. I'm nearing the end now so should be able to find out soon.

Just hoping the map table also shows me what collectibles I found in each region since I don't really fancy looking everywhere for the last Warning Beacon haha

On 2023-02-22 at 10:01 AM, Caljb03 said:

Hi Everyone

To anyone who's played through this yet, is there chapter select? Or any way to cleanup your collectibles?

Worried that while I'm missing stuff ill need to replay it haha

*Update* After beating the game, there is a chapter select for you to go back and replay levels. It also tells you how many collectibles you've found in that area. So you're able to clean up perfectly fine, also get the missable trophies like shooting a thunderjaw disc or defeating a grazer

Thanks for confirming! No worries needed now! 

13 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Thanks for confirming! No worries needed now! 

It's worth mentioning though that we don't get free-roam. You get put back into the mission as you would the first time playing it, unskippable cutscenes and on screen tutorial pop-ups included. You also can't backtrack in the missions as far as I know (i. e. climbing back down a wall). So you have to repeat the missions multiple times until you found everything.

The people going at it in a few weeks will have an infinitely better time with this list, as they can simply follow a guide. Finding everything for youself is a huge pain due to the vertical nature of this game. It nearly broke me lol. I'm so exhausted I literally can't play anymore for now, and it's the middle of the day.

2 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

It's worth mentioning though that we don't get free-roam. You get put back into the mission as you would the first time playing it, unskippable cutscenes and on screen tutorial pop-ups included. You also can't backtrack in the missions as far as I know (i. e. climbing back down a wall). So you have to repeat the missions multiple times until you found everything.

The people going at it in a few weeks will have an infinitely better time with this list, as they can simply follow a guide. Finding everything for youself is a huge pain due to the vertical nature of this game. It nearly broke me lol. I'm so exhausted I literally can't play anymore for now, and it's the middle of the day.

Yeah i totally understand my shoulders and arms are hurting i played all night tryin to get the platinum.

The game was a lot of fun and yeah some collectibles were very well hidden.

Goodluck with your trophies :) 

The game is tiring, but loving it. Definitely recommend stopping when you need to and taking breaks too. I went from the Bodycombat game which is quite physical back to the horizon and yeah, I was about to collapse lol. Glad there is a chapter select, it's not easy also finding collectibles in VR, and usually I can use a guide and sit through like usual. Still not used to that. Just going to play through and any I do miss hopefully someone will produce a guide for the collectables soon enough :) also happy gaming everyone 

• Like 1