Field of vision shrunk while playing?

So I was playing when all of a sudden my field of vision reduced?  Like my peripheral vision shrunk or something.  It was instant so I feel like I tripped a setting.  I can look around just fine still but what I can see left and right shrunk down, and I see black on my left and right instead of full wrap around vision.  Any ideas?

5 minutes ago, CaffeineForMe said:

It’s the ‘Vignette’ setting.    It’s a comfort feature.   If you’re prone to motion sickness, the lower field of view is easier on the stomach. 

Is this a VR setting, or a Horizon one?  It seems to carry over to the standard PSVR menu as well is why I ask.

Also - when I get to the very first section where you have to climb the ladder, the left controller won't grab?  And when it asks you to move the left stick to move forward, its just nothing.  It glows yellow (where the right one glows blue).  But it is charged and clearly picks up inputs navigating the PS5 menu?  Seems unique?

3 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

Is this a VR setting, or a Horizon one?  It seems to carry over to the standard PSVR menu as well is why I ask.

Also - when I get to the very first section where you have to climb the ladder, the left controller won't grab?  And when it asks you to move the left stick to move forward, its just nothing.  It glows yellow (where the right one glows blue).  But it is charged and clearly picks up inputs navigating the PS5 menu?  Seems unique?

same exact issue where my left controller would not grab the ladder or allow me to move forward had this issue in Pavlov as well 

On 23-2-2023 at 3:29 AM, CaffeineForMe said:

It’s the ‘Vignette’ setting.    It’s a comfort feature.   If you’re prone to motion sickness, the lower field of view is easier on the stomach. 

I don't find it comfortable at all ? , atleast now i know what to disable

On 23/02/2023 at 2:29 AM, CaffeineForMe said:

Wth I had no idea it did that, was wondering about why the screen fov kept getting squeezed and thought it was a weird part of the game. They should tell you it shrinks the screen unless I missed something obvs.  Standard it is!

16 minutes ago, Trophy-QTR said:

can you tell me how to disable it 

When you start the game you choose middle page "Comfort" - on next screen you get 3 pages beside eachother. 2nd row on middlescreen is Vignette. Set it to "Off". Don't forget to save the settings at the bottom. ;) 

• Like 2