Glitched Trophies?

baboon_overlord

Edit 4 - FINALLY Fixed: I had to delete my profile. No matter how many times I rebuilt the database, this trophy refused to pop:

Enhanced Weapon with Coils
Equipped a weapon of any tier with 2 coils.

As soon as I deleted and reinstated my profile, it popped immediately once I added another coil.

I did NOT want to do this, but I had no choice in the end.

Oh well, it is what it is. I will say this though. I was seriously underwhelmed by this game (even disregarding the trophy glitches I had) but the last few story missions are worth the effort if you loved the first game. I thought the "magic" that made the first game so good (and was missing for most of the sequel IMO) came back strongly at the end.  

Fair play to GG, when they are at their best, they can really give you a blast of emotions.

Edit 3 - NOT Fixed: Sigh. The saga continues.

Looks like I would need to rebuild my database every time I want to get trophies in this game. The crashing after the opening splash screen started again today. Trophies aren't unlocking unless I rebuild the database first.

I didn't have a problem before I installed this game. The problems started the moment I launched the game for the first time. Every other game I try works fine. I'm starting to regret ever bothering with it in the first place.

This is a new one. I was about to try and get a trophy and made a save first, just in case. The game crashed so hard, it turned the screen bright red and switched the PS4 off. For a minute or two I thought it had bricked it, but fortunately it recovered. I have never seen that happen before on a PS4.

Despite this epic crash, the game actually saved fine. 

So yeah, this game is FUBAR. I suppose the only thing I could try at this point is to delete my profile, but I'm not doing that because it's clear this game has some kind of problem and everything else doesn't. 

I'll try and escalate this with GG and report back. 

======

Edit 2 - Fixed: I'll put this at the top, this is what I did to fix the problems.

First, the errors I got were:

- NP-32091-5

- NP-32430-2

As I was looking for the things in the menu I needed to do, I found the menu item for "Error History", which I didn't know existed before.

Both of these errors were when starting the game, it crashing and logging me out of the PS4. I've read up on these error codes and I really can't see how they could relate to what the game was doing.

Anyway I did the following in this order:

1) Backed up my saves

2) Deleted and reinstalled the game - same problems

3) Re-activated PS4 as primary
4) Restored Licenses

5) Rebuilt database

Everything seems to be fine now. What I don't understand is why only certain story missions wouldn't unlock the trophies whereas completing other story missions and miscellaneous activities would. 

All in all, pretty strange.

=======

Hi everyone. I started playing HFW last night. By sheer coincidence, I had just finished the Frozen Wilds DLC and saw a message from Sony about new PS+ Extra titles. This was one of them - great timing!

I played through the first few acts yesterday and got the first Tall Neck done. When I checked my trophies on PSN Profiles I noticed that the "Attended the Embassy" trophy hadn't popped. Fortunately, I still had a checkpoint auto-save so was able to try and get it again (it popped when it should have done that time).

I don't know if this is related but the first two times I started the game, the game crashed and logged me out of the PS4. It seemed to crash just before the language selection screen.

What's concerning to me is that Horizon Zero Dawn was the first game where I had a Plat breaking bug (the Bandit Camps trophy, apparently quite common). Fortunately this was fixed by starting a New Game+ but still, that's two hours of my time I shouldn't have had to waste, especially considering this is a Sony Exclusive. To be fair Guerrilla Games' support was very good, but still.

I'd quite like to enjoy the game and not have to check if a trophy hasn't popped every time I do something, especially since so many trophies are hidden on the PS4. 

Has anyone else had any issues, specifically recently on the latest patch?

Edit: The "Recovered AETHER" trophy refuses to unlock. I've backed up my saves and am reinstalling the game. I'll keep this OP updated in case I have further issues and it helps anyone else. 

I've reported this to GG and I refuse to believe I'm the only person having these issues, it makes zero sense. I have had no problems with other games at all on PS4 recently.

Also, according to this site, there are only 27,497 PS4 owners of this game on PSN Profiles. How is this possible? HZD has 893,892 owners; is this game a flop? I don't get it.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15451-horizon-forbidden-west/

For reference, My Name is Mayo 2 has almost double that! https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11852-my-name-is-mayo-2/

There's also a handy playlist I'm using that shows exactly when each trophy should unlock for the story missions if this helps anyone who has the same issues as me:

Edited by baboon_overlord
The unwanted nuclear option of deleting profile was the only thing that could save Earth. Elizabet Sobeck called this "Zero Dawn PS4"

As you said, there are 27,497 PS4 owners of this game on PSN Profiles. That doesn't mean the game sold 27k on PS4, it means 27k of the game owners (on PS4) are on PSN profiles, and there are way more casual players out there who own the game but aren't registered in any way on this site, also the PS5 version has almost 4 times as many owners just on this site, so in reality this game sold millions, which is very successful.

Also this is a site for trophy hunters, so of course a crappy game like my name is mayo 2 is owned by a lot of trophy hunters, it's a cheap platinum trophy.

As for the trophy bugs, I had no issues when I played it on PS5 last year, and no issues so far on the PS4 version, but I only just got into the real open world and got the first tallneck and the first rebel camp.

I think your game save might have corrupted when it logged you out of the game after a crash... I've never had a game log me out of the account after it crashes, that is really weird. I know it's not what you want to hear, but maybe if the next trophy doesn't pop, just restart the whole game, if they aren't popping in new game, they will not pop in NG+ on the same save. To make it easier on you, the world record for the platinum in this game is around 7 hours, and you can speedrun the parts you already did on the easiest difficulty in like 3-4 hours at most.

• Like 1

On 25/02/2023 at 11:09 AM, Dooleh_404 said:

As you said, there are 27,497 PS4 owners of this game on PSN Profiles. That doesn't mean the game sold 27k on PS4, it means 27k of the game owners (on PS4) are on PSN profiles, and there are way more casual players out there who own the game but aren't registered in any way on this site, also the PS5 version has almost 4 times as many owners just on this site, so in reality this game sold millions, which is very successful.

Also this is a site for trophy hunters, so of course a crappy game like my name is mayo 2 is owned by a lot of trophy hunters, it's a cheap platinum trophy.

As for the trophy bugs, I had no issues when I played it on PS5 last year, and no issues so far on the PS4 version, but I only just got into the real open world and got the first tallneck and the first rebel camp.

I think your game save might have corrupted when it logged you out of the game after a crash... I've never had a game log me out of the account after it crashes, that is really weird. I know it's not what you want to hear, but maybe if the next trophy doesn't pop, just restart the whole game, if they aren't popping in new game, they will not pop in NG+ on the same save. To make it easier on you, the world record for the platinum in this game is around 7 hours, and you can speedrun the parts you already did on the easiest difficulty in like 3-4 hours at most.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated. 

I know this site is for trophy hunters and therefore quite niche, but I would have expected a big Sony exclusive like this to have a lot more owners on this site.

It could well be the case that a lot of people are feeling the economic pain and just aren't going to drop a lot of money on a full-price game these days.

Either way I just thought it was interesting.

I managed to fix it now (I think). What's weird is, the problems only affected this game, everything else worked fine, and I've never had a problem like it before.  

I'm updating my OP now with the solution if anyone else encounters this problem.

• 3 months later...

Is it possible All Weapon Classes is glitched?

I’ve had all 9 classes for ages and I just noticed I don’t have the trophy for it..

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 1:37 AM, Baker said:

Is it possible All Weapon Classes is glitched?

I’ve had all 9 classes for ages and I just noticed I don’t have the trophy for it..

It could well be. Try buying another weapon and that might pop the trophy. If that doesn't work, hopefully you can go back to an earlier save.

When you buy another weapon and if the trophy doesn't pop, look in the error log and see if any trophy related error codes are registered.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

It could well be. Try buying another weapon and that might pop the trophy. If that doesn't work, hopefully you can go back to an earlier save.

When you buy another weapon and if the trophy doesn't pop, look in the error log and see if any trophy related error codes are registered.

I got it already. I just started buying a shitload of weapons and eventually it unlocked.

But I definitely had all classes already. So it was glitched, but it worked out in the end.

• Like 1