Horizon: Call of the Mountain - All Collectible Locations + Trophy Guides [100%]

Ben-Gun

Switching to the camera to watch that video will make me so motion sick, but it will probably be less motion sickness than me finding them myself. Thank you so much, this will be helpful when I start Horizon. 

PSVR 2 is my first time using VR so I am trying to play the games I bought from least motion sick inductive to most. Anyways thanks again!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wes-709 said:

PSVR 2 is my first time using VR so I am trying to play the games I bought from least motion sick inductive to most. Anyways thanks again!

That's definitely the best way to do it! And remember to take a break if you're starting to feel a bit ill, get some water, and maybe a snack. Don't try to push through it'll probably just make it worse. Hopefully each time you come back you'll be able to go a little longer without getting motion sick until you can get pretty substantial play sessions in without it holding you back!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, crash_goose said:

That's definitely the best way to do it! And remember to take a break if you're starting to feel a bit ill, get some water, and maybe a snack. Don't try to push through it'll probably just make it worse. Hopefully each time you come back you'll be able to go a little longer without getting motion sick until you can get pretty substantial play sessions in without it holding you back!

I did some googling and I found an article that said that chewing gum helps. I somehow managed to play for 2 hours before I got motion sick by chewing gum. Gum really helps for some reason.

2 hours ago, Wes-709 said:

I did some googling and I found an article that said that chewing gum helps. I somehow managed to play for 2 hours before I got motion sick by chewing gum. Gum really helps for some reason.

I've heard that but haven't tried It myself, I'll have to pick some up and give it a go as while I've played a decent amount of the first psvr its been a long time and I am finding myself needing to take breaks more than I'd like

3 hours ago, lilrizk said:

Anyone know where the other 2 lore collectibles are in pilgrims trail? I've only got the glinhawk part and the one at the open camp-site near the beginning.

You are missing a chisel that you can grab in the cave/watcher path from the open cage dangling in front of you in the prison section.

I have spent hours upon hours to find the last collectible though. I'm also missing the last beacon in Pilgrims Tail and the last one in Elders Fall. Seeing you have them, remember the two in those areas which were the hardest to find?

20 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

You are missing a chisel that you can grab in the cave/watcher path from the open cage dangling in front of you in the prison section.

I have spent hours upon hours to find the last collectible though. I'm also missing the last beacon in Pilgrims Tail and the last one in Elders Fall. Seeing you have them, remember the two in those areas which were the hardest to find?

Hey, same i’m missing one beacon hit in pilgrims tail. Did you find it by now?

21 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Thanks. I think I have that one now but there is a fourth I'm missing. I have the glinhawk part, the cloth and the chisel.

In terms of beacons, I'm trying to remember them lol but what I can do is go through the levels again and try to point them out.

Also have u done the assault challenge yet? Can't break the 1383 mark.

10 minutes ago, MarleyOfWar said:

Hey, same i’m missing one beacon hit in pilgrims tail. Did you find it by now?

I didn't yet, unfortunately. So you have everything else? Where is the last collectible in that mission and what's the toughest beacon in Elders Fall, do you remember?

7 minutes ago, lilrizk said:

Thanks. I think I have that one now but there is a fourth I'm missing. I have the glinhawk part, the cloth and the chisel.

In terms of beacons, I'm trying to remember them lol but what I can do is go through the levels again and try to point them out.

Also have u done the assault challenge yet? Can't break the 1383 mark.

I swear, the way they handled this stuff is indie level of competence. Instead of a true free roam with the option to check progression and look at unlockables in a menu of sorts, we get this mission replay with more unskippable cutscenes, no tracked weapon progression, you can't really backtrack, you get the first time tutorial pop-ups every single time you do anything in your replays...together with the neckstrain this is unbearable. Very disappointing because otherwise the game is phenomenal. I just loaded up Kayak VR and it looks like a joke compared to Horizon, imo.

The trick for the assault challenge is to run the maximum route and reach as far as you can during climbing, skipping boards, planks and handholds as much as possible, I don't know if the reach multiplier from the settings helps. Doing the maximum route available (the one with the grappling hook x2) at max speed I managed 1590 points. It seems like maybe in the end you went right (Sawblade opens a door) instead of up, where there is another yellow goal.

Edited by OMG_ThisIsSoEz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

I didn't yet, unfortunately. So you have everything else? Where is the last collectible in that mission and what's the toughest beacon in Elders Fall, do you remember?

I swear, the way they handled this stuff is indie level of competence. Instead of a true free roam with the option to check progression and look at unlockables in a menu of sorts, we get this mission replay with more unskippable cutscenes, no tracked weapon progression, you can't really backtrack, you get the first time tutorial pop-ups every single time you do anything in your replays...together with the neckstrain this is unbearable. Very disappointing because otherwise the game is phenomenal. I just loaded up Kayak VR and it looks like a joke compared to Horizon, imo.

The trick for the assault challenge is to run the maximum route and reach as far as you can during climbing, skipping boards, planks and handholds as much as possible, I don't know if the reach multiplier from the settings helps. Doing the maximum route available (the one with the grappling hook x2) at max speed I managed 1590 points. It seems like maybe in the end you went right (Sawblade opens a door) instead of up, where there is another yellow goal.

I took that path... rope up through a gate near the end, grappling hook the other end to slide down, then the last rope to the goal... only 1306 points?? I followed the path where you swing with the hook and rope-dart. Cant get any more points.

And yes, still missing a beacon in Pilgrims Trail.

Where are the 4 collectibles in the first ice level??? Can only find 3, but got all the beacons

1 hour ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

This is really disappointing to read. I’m still quite early in the game and was hoping to just free roam and mop up whatever I missed during a blind first playthrough. Pretty poor. 

13 minutes ago, Ben-Gun said:

I took that path... rope up through a gate near the end, grappling hook the other end to slide down, then the last rope to the goal... only 1306 points?? I followed the path where you swing with the hook and rope-dart. Cant get any more points.

Where are the 4 collectibles in the first ice level??? Can only find 3, but got all the beacons

I found all of the beacons on Pilgrim's Trail, but I can't think of any that were real difficult to locate.  Did you get the beacon next to where the cairn is located?

40 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I found all of the beacons on Pilgrim's Trail, but I can't think of any that were real difficult to locate.  Did you get the beacon next to where the cairn is located?

I will go over it again, thanks.

Also, I talk about the 4 Lore items - where are they located, got 3 there was pretty close together.

Edited by Ben-Gun

28 minutes ago, Ben-Gun said:

Because the collectible implementation is so shit, it's insanely hard to even talk about what's what and where's what haha. I ran through most of the game 4 times already, but I can't remember what the first Ice Level ist. Which part of your walkthrough videos is that? I'll take a look and try to remember. Did you find the Oseram Belt thingy, the big round belt plate? I remember that one being a bit obscure.

Ok, for the assault challenge you might just be too slow. One trick is to just briefly hold onto a rope, then "falling down", then gripping again, briefly, then letting go again. That way you basically fall down vertical ropes without dying. It's massively quicker. Other than that reach as high as possible to skip shorter distance handholds and preselect the items needed for progression to not lose too much time.

19 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Maybe once I'm feeling my neck and back again I'll go in fresh and notice more glowing stuff. It feels like I've spammed the tracking button 100 times on every square inch of the damn maps. First thing I will check out is the Cairn spot you mentioned. I feel like I got it, but who knows.

18 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Because the collectible implementation is so shit, it's insanely hard to even talk about what's what and where's what haha. I ran through most of the game 4 times already, but I can't remember what the first Ice Level ist. Which part of your walkthrough videos is that? I'll take a look and try to remember. Did you find the Oseram Belt thingy, the big round belt plate? I remember that one being a bit obscure.

Ok, for the assault challenge you might just be too slow. One trick is to just briefly hold onto a rope, then "falling down", then gripping again, briefly, then letting go again. That way you basically fall down vertical ropes without dying. It's massively quicker. Other than that reach as high as possible to skip shorter distance handholds and preselect the items needed for progression to not lose too much time.

Maybe once I'm feeling my neck and back again I'll go in fresh and notice more glowing stuff. It feels like I've spammed the tracking button 100 times on every square inch of the damn maps. First thing I will check out is the Cairn spot you mentioned. I feel like I got it, but who knows.

The ice level (Mothers tears) is where you hide from watchers in the grass and encounter your first fire bellowback.

And no, where is the belt located?? Thats probably the one im missing.

got 1 in a cave, 1 in the lodge, and 1 right outside of the lodge.

And yes.. my neck is also broke from playing this game. I'm a bodybuilder and personal trainer, and my arms and neck are shattered lol

EDIT: Anyone know the Cairn location for Devils Anger Ascent and the probably a well-hidden Beacon for Devils Anger???

Besides that I just need pilgrims trail - will go through it... again... after a break

Edited by Ben-Gun

2 minutes ago, Ben-Gun said:

The ice level (Mothers tears) is where you hide from watchers in the grass and encounter your first fire bellowback.

And no, where is the belt located?? Thats probably the one im missing.

got 1 in a cave, 1 in the lodge, and 1 right outside of the lodge.

And yes.. my neck is also broke from playing this game. I'm a bodybuilder and personal trainer, and my arms and neck are shattered lol

I found this. So it's

1 Quiver > In the hut during first watcher stealth encounter

2 Anal Beads > circle right in the big lodge of the matriarch

3 Armor Plate of you old unit> in the camp site after the matriarchs lodge

4 Nora Bracelet > in a bowl in the cave area (might be out of order, I cant remember when the cave area is, but you can't miss the section)

So my takeaway is that I have the physical build, endurance and stamina of a professional bodybuilder. Cheers!

45 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

I found this. So it's

1 Quiver > In the hut during first watcher stealth encounter

2 Anal Beads > circle right in the big lodge of the matriarch

3 Armor Plate of you old unit> in the camp site after the matriarchs lodge

4 Nora Bracelet > in a bowl in the cave area (might be out of order, I cant remember when the cave area is, but you can't miss the section)

So my takeaway is that I have the physical build, endurance and stamina of a professional bodybuilder. Cheers!

haha you're a beast. 

And thanks. Weird how he didnt include everything, he missed a lore but thanks! Missed the quivers

47 minutes ago, Ben-Gun said:

EDIT: Anyone know the Cairn location for Devils Anger Ascent and the probably a well-hidden Beacon for Devils Anger???

Besides that I just need pilgrims trail - will go through it... again... after a break

If I remember correctly the cairn is at minute 16:18 in the video. When you enter the area called Urid's Camp the main path leads left, but in the right hand back corner should be a small path leading towards the cairn. I'm not 100% sure though, you need to check it out.

Other than that, big oopsie. Did you happen to REALLY inspect the Glinthawk part in Pilgrim's Trail? Did you notice that that part isn't added in your trophy room back at the camp? I'm almost certain it should go next to the watchers eye and the scrappers jaw blade, but it's not getting added. ;(

So my mission list has all collectables but I can only count 19. Trophy Tracker says there's 20 and my collection room at 18 (excluding the toy boat)

Anyone able to compare their rooms and help me figure out what didn't pop or I'm missing? 

Video of my collection room

Picture of my mission screen

22 minutes ago, lilrizk said:

So my mission list has all collectables but I can only count 19. Trophy Tracker says there's 20 and my collection room at 18 (excluding the toy boat)

Anyone able to compare their rooms and help me figure out what didn't pop or I'm missing? 

Video of my collection room

Picture of my mission screen

I don't see the picture in your post. Anyways, this is so weird. I'm missing one collectible from Pilgrims Trail, apparently it's the feather bush thingy, because that's the only thing in your room that's not in mine. Other than that we are exactly the same. EDIT: I just noticed my progression tracker shows 18/20 although my mission overviews only count 1 missing. Shit, the Lore collectibles are definitly bugged in this game. If there is no workaround this seems like a hardreset needed. AAA game my ass.

It seems your room also doesn't show the glinthwak piece that you rip out of the dead machine in Pilgrims Trail. I have a feeling that's the bugged one. And even more conspiracy-ish: Maybe everyone who goes the right path first instead of left and thus has the cave/watcher encounter instead of the legendary climb, doesn't get the glinthawk part first and instead collects the scrapper jawblade as 2nd machine part at a later point in the game. Maybe that messes up the part that would otherwise be 2nd, the glinthawk thingy.

Edited by OMG_ThisIsSoEz
additional context.

4 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

I don't see the picture in your post. Anyways, this is so weird. I'm missing one collectible from Pilgrims Trail, apparently it's the feather bush thingy, because that's the only thing in your room that's not in mine. Other than that we are exactly the same.

It seems your room also doesn't show the glinthwak piece that you rip out of the dead machine in Pilgrims Trail. I have a feeling that's the bugged one. And even more conspiracy-ish: Maybe everyone who goes the right path first instead of left and thus has the cave/watcher encounter instead of the legendary climb, doesn't get the glinthawk part first and instead collects the scrapper jawblade as 2nd machine part at a later point in the game. Maybe that messes up the part that would otherwise be 2nd, the glinthawk thingy.

Wheres the feather collectible located???

And it looks like theres only 19 collectibles in the game...

Edited by Ben-Gun

7 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

I don't see the picture in your post. Anyways, this is so weird. I'm missing one collectible from Pilgrims Trail, apparently it's the feather bush thingy, because that's the only thing in your room that's not in mine. Other than that we are exactly the same. EDIT: I just noticed my progression tracker shows 18/20 although my mission overviews only count 1 missing. Shit, the Lore collectibles are definitly bugged in this game. If there is no workaround this seems like a hardreset needed. AAA game my ass.

Sorry try this

If the feather one is the one you're missing then it's in mission 2 on a pedestool next to where you harvest the glinthawk.

I think you're right about it btw which sucks. I did the watchers first

Just found another lore bug... the chisel collected on the cave path in mission 2 bugged.

I picked it up and died. Its not there any more, but its not in my collection room either... plus the counter for the mission dont show that I collected it

EDIT: Just saw that you also mentioned the lore counter bug.. it sucks

Edited by Ben-Gun