Horizon: Call of the Mountain - All Collectible Locations + Trophy Guides [100%]

Ben-Gun

OK PARTY PEOPLE, SOLUTION TIME:

The glinthawk part counts for progression on pick up, it just never makes it to the trophy room. That puts the lore items displayed in your trophy room at 18.

If you add up all the lore counters on the missions you come 1 short, it's only 19 in the missions. Once I realized that, the solution was obvious, one lore item is in the hub area.

Go to the challenge area, path right towards the back with all the instruments. Move past those, there is a semi-see-through fence, behind that is a chest with the last lore item.

Just got the plat. The last Beacon I was missing in Pilgrims Trail was the one where you have to rope down in a hidden cave to the left side of the path leading out of the camp you reach during the legendary climb (left path choice in the beginning, not the right side leading to the cave/watcher encounter).

• Like 1

As someone who hasn't really played VR (aside from trying a GT race at my friends house) how do you actually follow collectible guides in VR? Do you have to constantly headset on and off? Genuinly curious.

I'm a trophy completionst, but am tempted to set up a VR account where I don't worry about trophies.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

As someone who hasn't really played VR (aside from trying a GT race at my friends house) how do you actually follow collectible guides in VR? Do you have to constantly headset on and off? Genuinly curious.

I'm a trophy completionst, but am tempted to set up a VR account where I don't worry about trophies.  

That's a very good question.

VR on PSVR1 had a super small playerbase, which often times meant only a handful if any trophy hunters even going for completion. So one part of the answer is simply that you are pionieering way more often in VR and don't even have a guide, so you figure most of the stuff out on your own. My step-by-step progress is usually

1. Check trophy list prior to playing/buying a game and looking through available info around it to get a feel for what to look out for.

2. Yolo it in the game without a guide if there weren't indications for highly missable and tedious trophies during step one.

3. Clear 90% of the list and then realize the last 10% is dumb shit.

4. Frantically check online for any info on how the last 10% could be done.

5. Ask people from the achievers list on psnprofiles how they've done it.

6. Profit / Failure because the list is bugged / give up on skill based trophies because only 3 people in the world have the skill to actually get it done.

That's my perspective as Rank 1 Europe and Rank 5 World for PSVR trophies.

Edit: I didn't even answer your main question: Yes, if you are serious about completing trophy lists in VR, you will become a god at handling your headset due to putting it on and off 150 times a day. Which isn't too bad tbh, frequent breaks are a good idea anyways.

Edited by OMG_ThisIsSoEz
More in depth answer.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

OK PARTY PEOPLE, SOLUTION TIME:

The glinthawk part counts for progression on pick up, it just never makes it to the trophy room. That puts the lore items displayed in your trophy room at 18.

If you add up all the lore counters on the missions you come 1 short, it's only 19 in the missions. Once I realized that, the solution was obvious, one lore item is in the hub area.

Go to the challenge area, path right towards the back with all the instruments. Move past those, there is a semi-see-through fence, behind that is a chest with the last lore item.

Just got the plat. The last Beacon I was missing in Pilgrims Trail was the one where you have to rope down in a hidden cave to the left side of the path leading out of the camp you reach during the legendary climb (left path choice in the beginning, not the right side leading to the cave/watcher encounter).

Thought the same with the hub area ? Great find. 

Got that 1 for pilgrims landing.. still missing the last 1 and the obstacle course one ?

Congrats on the plat!!!

Th last beacon im needing is pilgrims landing is the same 1 that are missing from this guide -

https://www.100pguides.com/guides/horizon-call-of-the-mountain-all-collectible-locations#pilgrimstrail=

- can you help me pinpoint the last one? ❤️

Edited by Ben-Gun

49 minutes ago, Ben-Gun said:

Thought the same with the hub area 1f606.png Great find. 

Got that 1 for pilgrims landing.. still missing the last 1 and the obstacle course one ?

Congrats on the plat!!!

Th last beacon im needing is pilgrims landing is the same 1 that are missing from this guide -

https://www.100pguides.com/guides/horizon-call-of-the-mountain-all-collectible-locations#pilgrimstrail=

- can you help me pinpoint the last one? 2764.png

Yeah, the very first one is missing. After Mommy Aloy talks to you follow the path, but before you climb for the first time, look down to the right. Enjoy the plat!

35 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Yeah, the very first one is missing. After Mommy Aloy talks to you follow the path, but before you climb for the first time, look down to the right. Enjoy the plat!

LEGEND!!! THANKS A TON!! But thought Id get the plat... apparently I still need 1 beacon in elders crossing ? Do u know which 1??? The same guide are missing that one too... please let this neck pain end

25 minutes ago, Ben-Gun said:

LEGEND!!! THANKS A TON!! But thought Id get the plat... apparently I still need 1 beacon in elders crossing 1f621.png Do u know which 1??? The same guide are missing that one too... please let this neck pain end

That's rough. No sorry, this time I can't remember which one is missing. It kinda feels like in the back behind the bellowback fighting area (red flag pathway from the central of the map), where you cross through a broken down room, you'd go left to take an elevator up, but on the right could be a beacon. Could be visible from said elevator too.

This hunch feels super weak though, you probably have to do this the hard way and just spam tracking everywhere.

Does anyone know how to sort progression bugs out yet? Apparently missing one target in Mother's Tears but went through the full mission and all 10 of them are lit up.

Not sure what to do ant hoping I wont need to hard reset the game over a single collectible 

What a great game! really loved this as an intro into PS VR2. The whole experience was good except the last few collectibles and having to redo some levels multiple times. But thanks to Ben-Gun and his guides it should be easier for the rest. 

Have fun hunting those trophies ;) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Migaellou said:

What makes Top of the Class a plat killer?

Try to look in the video, can you see how much and how fast my arms and head swing. It can be crazy difficult to achieve the highscore. Took me an hour+ ands everything I had - was totally drenched in sweat lol ?

- I change it to hardest trophy then ?

Edited by Ben-Gun

1 minute ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

There isn't anything difficult in this game once you know the spots of the collectibles.Only Top of the Class requires a bit of skill, that's what he means, but other than that it's not really hard, don't worry.

Oh okay it's a matter of difficulty! I thought it was glitched or missable.

29 minutes ago, MarleyOfWar said:

What a great game! really loved this as an intro into PS VR2. The whole experience was good except the last few collectibles and having to redo some levels multiple times. But thanks to Ben-Gun and his guides it should be easier for the rest. 

Have fun hunting those trophies ;) 

Yeah enjoy!! Hate to climb all the same stuff again... well... platinum done, neck shattered - onto Star Wars VR? ? Maybe just a bit Atomic Heart first lol

2 minutes ago, Ben-Gun said:

Try to look in the video, can you see how much and how fast my arms and head swing. It can be crazy difficult to achieve the highscore. Took me an hour+ ands everything I had - was totally drenched in sweat lol ?

- I change it to hardest trophy then ?

Oh, I didn't expect that. I did it second try once I had all the gear. But I spent hours in Pilgrim's Trail xD

1 hour ago, Caljb03 said:

Does anyone know how to sort progression bugs out yet? Apparently missing one target in Mother's Tears but went through the full mission and all 10 of them are lit up.

Not sure what to do ant hoping I wont need to hard reset the game over a single collectible 

*Update*

Definitely bugged. Got a beacon in Devil's anger ascent and it didn't increase the count. Got the two others I needed and they upped the counter. So I've got every beacon and yet the game says I'm missing one in mother's tears and the trophy is telling me I'm missing two in the game.

4 hours ago, Caljb03 said:

*Update*

Definitely bugged. Got a beacon in Devil's anger ascent and it didn't increase the count. Got the two others I needed and they upped the counter. So I've got every beacon and yet the game says I'm missing one in mother's tears and the trophy is telling me I'm missing two in the game.

*Final Update*

Just replayed the whole game in about 3 hours while making sure to get every beacon in the first time I go to the level (Getting the other beacons for pilgrims fall after beating story) and the trophy, and platinum, finally unlocked.

Spent most of my time following the video guides from @Ben-Gun, made my life so much easier during that playthrough!

If you have the same issue as me, you'll likely need to replay the game on a new save, assuming it doesn't get patched anytime soon. Thankfully the game isn't too long when you know the path so shouldn't give you too much trouble.

First PSVR2 Platinum! ??

Edited by Caljb03
  • Like 4

F*ck this trophy. Could have been 2nd to have the plat. But collectables counter didn't work. Started a new file to get the glinthawk part and yes it appeared in the room, got all the lore again but trophy Tracker is still at 19/20 -.-

Also the game I played before this was hogwarts legacy and the exact same thing happened with the Merlin Trials... just wow

Edited by lilrizk
Missed a piece of information

1 hour ago, lilrizk said:

F*ck this trophy. Could have been 2nd to have the plat. But collectables counter didn't work. Started a new file to get the glinthawk part and yes it appeared in the room, got all the lore again but trophy Tracker is still at 19/20 -.-

Also the game I played before this was hogwarts legacy and the exact same thing happened with the Merlin Trials... just wow

Did you miss the part where we figured out that the glinthawk part counts even if it's not added to the trophy room and the 20th collectible is in the challenges area behind the instruments?

14 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Did you miss the part where we figured out that the glinthawk part counts even if it's not added to the trophy room and the 20th collectible is in the challenges area behind the instruments?

I did not.... ima try now

7 minutes ago, lilrizk said:

Omg that did it LMAO. 

I basically replayed the game for nothing and could have been 3rd ? 

At least I got it though

Many thanks friend 

11 hours ago, Ben-Gun said:

Maybe check the vid, did I miss a gate or something??? hahhaha

Alright, that was actually really interesting. Overall I learned some new techniques, like grabbing forward on horizontal rope lines and being way more deliberate with falling down vertical ropes. Your movement looked a bit "weighted" though? Did you play the game with the weird movement scheme that requires constant hand jerking instead of the control stick movement? Maybe that costs some time. It definitly hindered you from selecting tools while moving. You stood still a few times, when the controlstick movement would've let you preselect your tools while moving towards the targets. You also overall didn't climb with a huge reach, there were a few spots where you could've reached farther and skipped an extra plank or handhold.

Anyways, thanks for all the guides and congrats on the achievement. It's nice to be one of the first to clear the flagship PSVR2 game, isn't it! The coop on here was really cool too.

20 minutes ago, lilrizk said:

Omg that did it LMAO. 

I basically replayed the game for nothing and could have been 3rd ? 

At least I got it though

Many thanks friend 

Glad it helped, figuring this all out has been great. On to the next game! ;)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Alright, that was actually really interesting. Overall I learned some new techniques, like grabbing forward on horizontal rope lines and being way more deliberate with falling down vertical ropes. Your movement looked a bit "weighted" though? Did you play the game with the weird movement scheme that requires constant hand jerking instead of the control stick movement? Maybe that costs some time. It definitly hindered you from selecting tools while moving. You stood still a few times, when the controlstick movement would've let you preselect your tools while moving towards the targets. You also overall didn't climb with a huge reach, there were a few spots where you could've reached farther and skipped an extra plank or handhold.

Anyways, thanks for all the guides and congrats on the achievement. It's nice to be one of the first to clear the flagship PSVR2 game, isn't it! The coop on here was really cool too.

Glad it helped, figuring this all out has been great. On to the next game! ;)

Nice and thank you again and again I would have just sat there waiting for a patch like I'm doing with hogwarts legacy's merlin trial bug.

What game you gonna do next? I'm thinking Moss 1 and 2 for me

2 hours ago, lilrizk said:

Nice and thank you again and again I would have just sat there waiting for a patch like I'm doing with hogwarts legacy's merlin trial bug.

What game you gonna do next? I'm thinking Moss 1 and 2 for me

I already did Moss 1+2 on PSVR1. I will repeat games on PSVR2 eventually, but first I'd like to experience all the new games. I'm currently onto Pavlov and Kayak VR trophies, after that I'll see what I'm in the mood for.

Moss is amazing, have fun with that!