Game crashes and data loss

Hi everyone! 
So, I’ve stopped playing this game as it’s now been two times that the game has crashed on me in an unfixable way.

Both times the game has crashed, I’ve tried playing from the last checkpoint to no avail, you can hear and receive some haptic feedback but the goggles stay dark indefinitely. I’ve rebooted the console, uninstalled and reinstalled the game but the only thing you can do is start a new game from the beginning. I’m not wasting more time on this crappy game, I’ll keep it installed in hopes that it will receive a patch soon enough but for the time being I’m done with it. 

I’m posting this to find out if more people is dealing with the same issues or if someone has found a workaround to make the game saves usable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly this is fucking absurd the audacity to charge money for this, no matter what I do I keep getting soft locked, got blocked by the infinite black screen halfway through the game, fine whatever I restarted and uploaded saves, now I’m probably about 65% of the way through and keep getting the black screen even with uploading your save it’s unavoidable, I have no idea how this made it past testing probably because it never was. This has turned from being one of the best VR experiences I’ve had to absolutely fucking miserable, it’s not even about the trophies I just want to be able to play the game which I can’t. 
If you die you get a black screen, if you take a break and get off and come back on you get the black screen and quitting to main menu also does this. 
I’ve got a save uploaded at the start of the section I’m on, if I fail reloading that works and I have to replay the whole 40 minutes to 1 hour section again without making a mistake as failing will get you the black screen and this definitely shouldn’t be the case.

The whole game design is the dinosaurs catching you by surprise when you least expect it, it’s pretty unavoidable at times especially when you’re entering a new area and you need to learn the layout and patterns because if you fail then there you go re download your save and spend 10 years getting back to that part.

On 26/02/2023 at 10:54 PM, HuntingFever said:

Once a save has been corrupted, all you can do is bin it if you don't have a backup handy.

I know you’re pretty good at contacting devs, maybe there’s no chance but if you could help get some sort of contact to relay this issue that the game literally does not work that would be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SzzMN said:

Honestly this is fucking absurd the audacity to charge money for this, no matter what I do I keep getting soft locked, got blocked by the infinite black screen halfway through the game, fine whatever I restarted and uploaded saves, now I’m probably about 65% of the way through and keep getting the black screen even with uploading your save it’s unavoidable, I have no idea how this made it past testing probably because it never was. This has turned from being one of the best VR experiences I’ve had to absolutely fucking miserable, it’s not even about the trophies I just want to be able to play the game which I can’t. 
If you die you get a black screen, if you take a break and get off and come back on you get the black screen and quitting to main menu also does this. 
I’ve got a save uploaded at the start of the section I’m on, if I fail reloading that works and I have to replay the whole 40 minutes to 1 hour section again without making a mistake as failing will get you the black screen and this definitely shouldn’t be the case.

The whole game design is the dinosaurs catching you by surprise when you least expect it, it’s pretty unavoidable at times especially when you’re entering a new area and you need to learn the layout and patterns because if you fail then there you go re download your save and spend 10 years getting back to that part.

I know you’re pretty good at contacting devs, maybe there’s no chance but if you could help get some sort of contact to relay this issue that the game literally does not work that would be great.

The devs have a well staffed bug report channel in their official Discord so here's the link :)https://discord.gg/coatsink

I can't file a bug report myself, because I don't own the game so can't provide the specific info they ask for when creating a new report in the Discord channel :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The devs have a well staffed bug report channel in their official Discord so here's the link :)https://discord.gg/coatsink

I can't file a bug report myself, because I don't own the game so can't provide the specific info they ask for when creating a new report in the Discord channel :(.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Hey MN, did the devs ever patch this game? I'm quite curious as I may pick it up. Doesn't seem like a terrible way to spend a few hours.

Hey, yeah they patched it out the day after I ranted ? 

Should be all good to go now.

• Like 2