Peanut butter bloody butter pops!

xPatTheCatx

2 hours ago, xPatTheCatx said:

This trophy is driving me insane. I've just done two whole playthroughs and still this damn trophy eludes me. Looking for clarity from people that have recently achieved this. Any help is much appreciated, cheers.

For this trophy you have to shoot at all combat encounters. I will list all the encounters below. I did not record all the encounters because I thought it would be a waste to upload Chapters 1-10 again! A special thank you to Gaming With Abyss because I used his video as a reference:

1). Chapter 1: Abigail : Choose Break In

2). Chapter 2: Nick: Don't miss when shooting at the Melons and Bottles

3). Chapter 3: Ryan - Where’s Nick? - ASSERTIVE - TAKE SHORTCUT - R-Up R-Up R-Left Smash Event -TAKE SHORTCUT - R-Up R-Left R-Left R-Up R-Right -SHOUT - SHOOT at the Big Guy

4). Chapter 4: Ryan - DON'T SHOOT - SHOOT JACOB

5). Chapter 5: Kaitlyn - R-Right - Fail QTE - R-Left - SHOOT

6). Chapter 5: Ryan - DON'T SHOOT

7). Chapter 6: Abigail - SHOOT NICK

8). Chapter 7: Laura - Pick up the Syringe to use later on Travis

9). Chapter 8: Ryan - DON’T Interrupt Laura

10). Chapter 9: Ryan - DON'T PULL KNIFE - STAB BOBBY WITH THE KNIFE

11). Chapter 9: Ryan - SYMPATHETIC - ACCEPT & DON’T Pull Away

12). Chapter 9: Ryan - SHOOT Monster

13). Chapter 10: Kaitlyn - WAIT - SHOOT Monster

14). Chapter 10: Kaitlyn - Gaming with Abyss said that he killed Kaitlyn, but I kept her alive after using Beam - Run - Investigate - Shoot

15). Chapter 10: Laura - RAISE GUN - SHOOT Silas 0:22 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xPatTheCatx said:

Did you use auto aim during your playthrough?

Use auto aim, if the auto aim doesn't shoot ( like Jacob in chapter 4 or the ceiling in chapter 5) this won't void the trophy, I can confirm this as it popped for me

• Like 1

I used auto aim on my last playthrough and followed the guide above and still the trophy didn't pop.

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether you need to shoot at Jacob in chapter 4 and shoot at ceiling in the hut in chapter 5. When you have auto aim on it doesn't shoot on each occasion.

I don't think I have the strength to do a sixth playthrough just to see the trophy not pop at the end!!!

Just use auto aim. It won't auto shoot Jacob in Chapter 4 or the roof in Chapter 5 but it doesn't matter, you'll still get the trophy in the end as long as you have auto aim on during the whole playthrough. 

I followed PowerPyx's guide for this except I used auto-aim and I got it to pop. Some people say you don't even have to do every encounter, only the ones you get in your playthrough depending on which characters you keep alive and based on the decisions you made. Emma, for example, you can kill her off early and skip the tricky van encounter entirely (which is what practically every guide recommends doing). Some people kill off Kaitlyn too at the end and don't do her last combat encounter when Abi gives her the silver shells and still get it to pop. 

The only ones that seem important to keep alive are Ryan and Laura so you can get to Silas at the end and get that encounter. 

This was my last trophy, I actually thought I already got this one in my previous run where I didn't make any obvious mistake (in my opinion), but unfortunately I was unlucky. That gave me the idea to follow the advice from here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/332039-peanut-butter-butterpops-trophy/#comment-6569557 and start a new game. So I played through from the beginning again and set Auto Aim to Full Auto right in the prologue and kept it that way the whole game. I made all the decisions as I wanted, killed Emma early in chapter 4 and also skipped the Silas section completely and the trophy popped.

• Like 1