RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

5 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Well, I took down a notorious monster of an RPG. Read it and weep.

Disgaea 4 Complete+: 161.22* (x5 Most Wanted bonus) = 806.1 (+50 Seasonal Stacker bonus) = 856.11 points

* 100 + (3x6+5x2+42) = 170 - 4.78% = 165.22 - 4(earned four bronze trophies before April) = 161.22

Heck it, I'm throwing on the Seasonal Stacker bonus too because this game uses a system called reincarnation which you can use to reset your character back to Level 1 but with increased base stats which you can increase with the rank they reincarnate at so basically, the character is being reborn. ;)

Taking a short siesta and then we'll see which RPG is next gunned down. xD

good luck with your rpg games 

@Psy-Tychist

Since the trophies for MH rise: Sunbreak already out on psn and no platinum i can amend once right? im changing my 2x points of MH Rise : Sunbreak to Like a Dragon: Ishin!

2x Bonus : Legend of Heroes: Trails of Azure and Like a Dragon: Ishin!

3x Bonus : Final Fantasy XVI

Edited by Laburnski
  • Like 2

Another update with Game #3 for the year:

1Lcde2e6.png

Final Fantasy(Pixel Remaster): 100 + 64 (7 Gold, 6 Silver, 10 Bronze) = 164 - 61.46 = 102.54 + 25(Seasonal Stacker, see below) = 127.54 points

Not very great, but then again it is a pretty easy game to platinum thanks to the boosts. Got to Level 99 trying to find that stinking WarMech for the bestiary. xD

Still a classic, I played it on the original soundtrack for nostalgia. (Not really, I never played the original on the NES. :P)

Don't worry, I have a ton of RPGs that are less popular and therefore worth more points, and if all else fails - quantity over quality! ;)

On 4/28/2023 at 6:08 PM, Laburnski said:

Update #9 ( 421.11 )

Dragon Quest Builder 2

I'm so glad you played this game. This is one of my favorites, decided to transfer my save to my PS5 so I can just play it and build junk when I didn't feel like gaming. Trying to recreate Sprout Tower from Pokemon Gold/Silver. ^_^

On 4/26/2023 at 11:08 PM, YokA_sun said:

Final Fantasy

Reveal hidden contents

Classic FF1 (or maybe not as classic as ...). The story revolves 2000 year cycles heroes up against Chaos who dies and gets sent back 2000 years to be reborn. Heroes finally breaks the cycle . 

gonDRv7.png

F2WCJLN.png

Didn't think about this for the Seasonal Stacker.

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

I want to issue a personal challenge to anyone for the upcoming month of May. As you might or might not know, there is a community that celebrates the month of May with another "M"...

Mega_Man_11_Artwork.png

MEGA MAY.

Okay, maybe Games Done Quick just calls it that, but I think it is a fine month-long event and I want to promote it. Why here? Well, here is the challenge.

Lb16f29.png

I want people to join me during the month of May as I platinumed Megn Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1 by trying to platinum this or Vol. 2 and show your love for the blue bomber. I bought these titles last month and did not touch them since, so I need an excuse to go out and do so and I feel the first volume will be the easier one to deal with(as MMBN5 has some ridiculous tactical setup).

On 4/29/2023 at 1:44 PM, Taruta13 said:

I'm so glad you played this game. This is one of my favorites, decided to transfer my save to my PS5 so I can just play it and build junk when I didn't feel like gaming. Trying to recreate Sprout Tower from Pokemon Gold/Silver. ^_^

Its definitely has lots of improvement now, though if they ever decide to continue with Dragon Quest Builder 3 they better improve the battle system as well. Only spamming O for attack and no defensive manuver such as roll or even block make it a bit unappealing for me whenever fighting a boss or super strong enemy.

Update #10 ( 193.15 )

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion -> 100 + 70 = 170 - 26.85 = 143.15 + 50 ( Speedrun ) = 193.15

Seasonal Theme ( Rebirth ) =

uhS2if0.png

Muffin Man

Revive a hero

Edited by Laburnski
  • Like 3

lots of progress from people from this event i only completed 1 rpg game but i like the genre but i got alot of other genre games to play i wil see how i wil do but i wil probably standing last since other gamers are much better then me i like this competition i am more motivated then i was years ago and unlocking a platinum trophie is not for me a easy task but i wil see i am doing right now devil may cry 1the ps4 version  hard mode mission 21 i am already 

52 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

Rebirth (Spoiler):

I don't know what to say but transforming a book to a person is not what I could call 'rebirth', but then again, I don't play Atelier so it might be themed in that world. xD

I probably will platinum more Pixel Remasters and get series stacker for it. Enjoyed FF1 and that might give FF2-6 a second chance. Especially since Kefka now wears a face mask. :P

On 23/04/2023 at 2:38 PM, Laburnski said:

@Psy-Tychist Btw, may i suggest capping every type of bonus score to only 3 times retroactively. I know its optional but the benefit of these bonuses are way too much now and I don't mind adjusting all of my score too after if you decide to cap it.

I will be capping it yes, to a maximum of 4. This will be retroactive. Always having a new idea has teething problems.

On 27/04/2023 at 2:20 AM, Laburnski said:

@Psy-Tychist

Since the trophies for MH rise: Sunbreak already out on psn and no platinum i can amend once right? im changing my 2x points of MH Rise : Sunbreak to Like a Dragon: Ishin!

2x Bonus : Legend of Heroes: Trails of Azure and Like a Dragon: Ishin!

3x Bonus : Final Fantasy XVI

I'll amend them today.

On 30/04/2023 at 7:15 AM, vividamage123 said:

I have a question. God of war (original) is listed under an rpg which would qualify... Ragnarok isn't... I'm under the impression they are very similar. Would it qualify for the competition? 

I would consider the sequel and RPG, it will count.

There will be an update by the end of the day, so the Leaderboard will be much more up to date.

With the change in Seasonal Stacker being limited to 4,  please amend your posts as best you can to reflect this.

• Like 2

@Psy-Tychist Ty for your consideration ?

I have adjusted all of my score on all of my post before this and to make it easier to track these are my April's updates:

1) Mass Effect ( 185.62 )

2) Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising ( 450.95 )

3) Mass Effect 2 ( 295.84 )

4) Cris Tales ( 328.74 )

5) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn ( 385.25 )

6) Mass Effect 3 ( 223.1 )

7) Mass Effect: Legendary Edition ( 96 )

8) Mass Effect: Andromeda ( 314.62 )

9) Dragon Quest Builder 2 ( 196.11 )

10) Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion ( 193.15 )

Hope i didn't miscount  these: p

Edited by Laburnski
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I don't know what to say but transforming a book to a person is not what I could call 'rebirth', but then again, I don't play Atelier so it might be themed in that world. xD

I probably will platinum more Pixel Remasters and get series stacker for it. Enjoyed FF1 and that might give FF2-6 a second chance. Especially since Kefka now wears a face mask. :P

Well if you want me to be specific why its rebirth then she "was" alive before she became a book but that was over 500 years ago which no human is living that long even in that universe hence she lost her real body due to story reasons and well i think most would call that "death" if you don't have a body of sorts hence why its a rebirth when shes later given another body as seen by the picture since she goes from a inanimate object to a human-like body, i didn't want like 10 pictures trying to show that off lol

3 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

What's the exact requirement for rebirth stacker bonus? I only ask because it's a broad concept.

If the game you play has a rebirth, mentions reincarnation, or an item that you can use to bring them back from death is a good starting point. I think the only one I have not counted so far is The Ascent from @reaperveteran86 (not that the explanation wasn't a good interpretation) because it wasn't quite what I'd call a rebirth.