Multiplying thorns

tonkie18

I’ve removed 10 thorns daily since I got the game. I’m now on about 2200. I read that if you leave some in some areas they multiply like weeds. Yesterday I left 5 in the Sunlit Plateau. 

Today I have 10 thorns in the Forgotten Lands and still 5 thorns in Sunlit Plateau. Does this method actually work because I haven’t seen an increase?

Today I’ve left the ones in the Plateau and I’ve left 4 in Forgotten Lands and I’ll see what tomorrow brings. 

Im only going on the game now to clear up thorns. The shop is empty, I’ve completed the star path and unlocked everything I want to at the moment. I have ridiculous amounts of money, dreamlight and materials. The game is just getting a little tedious now. I’ve considered putting the clock forward but who wants to do that 80 times!

• Like 1

That would be great if it's true but I've never read that myself, I think I'll leave one in a biome tomorrow to see what happens. Where did you read it?

Currently sitting on around 2,400 foraged, it surely has to be one of the longest grinds around.

• Like 1

I’ve read it on Reddit and I’m sure there have been some posts on here about it too. For a while I was getting thorns in 2 places each day so I’m thinking is it because I had missed some? It didn’t last very long though. 

I’ll let you know if it starts working.

Yeah between this and doing Rayman legends at the same time I’ve been really sick of gaming. Two of the worst grinds!

• Like 1

So today I’ve had 13 in Sunlit Plateau and still have the 4 in Forgotten Lands. I’m still on the fence whether it works.. maybe it will take a few days or perhaps if the spawn was in a different area today I would have got more?

im only thinking there is some weight to it because I was getting 10 thorns a day in 2 places for a little while a couple of months back and I didn’t know why at the time. 

I’ll give it a few more days and see what unfolds. Today I’ve left about 5 in Sunlit Plateau and 4 in Forgotten Lands.

im considering whether there’s a magic number to get them to multiply? Like if you just leave 1 or 2? I might try that in a few days time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

im only thinking there is some weight to it because I was getting 10 thorns a day in 2 places for a little while a couple of months back and I didn’t know why at the time. 

I had this happen to me around Christmas time, I thought they'd changed the daily amount for a while but it only lasted a couple of days.

I did also get two daily blue chests but opening the second caused audio stuttering and it didn't open.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

Yeah I’ve had two blue chests for a while too.. if I can find them! If I spend ages looking I normally find another one. Mine have opened ok. I think that could have changed since you need it for the shop now.

I’ll keep testing it out. They’re not getting removed anyway so no chance in losing any of my daily thorns. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Yeah there’s been a couple of times I’ve thought it worked but don’t think it did. Shame. Don’t know what everyone on Reddit is on about ?1f3fc.png‍♀️

I can only assume they saw thorns reappear in that area in normal progression and thought they'd multiplied? I think you can have more than 10 in an area if you leave them long enough.

15 minutes ago, doerbenn said:

Do i have to login daily to get them or can i just wait a couple of days and Clear them all at once?

You can just not pick them up for awhile they grow like weeds everywhere after a few days at the moment I just pick up a few each day and im infested in all areas with them sometimes I have to clear afew just to start my day cause they block my door lol or door to scrooge or the restaurant 

3 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I’ve been playing around with this the last couple of weeks. Only get 10 a day no matter what. I’m on like 2300 or something it’s taking forever! 

It's when you realise you've logged in for over 200 days in a row that you wonder what the hell you are doing :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update this thread..

for the first time in around 5/6 months I didn’t log in for 3 days as I’m boosting with that console. Assumed when I did log in I would have 30 night thorns waiting for me.

Nope! Only got 10. 

So I don’t think they accumulate (over a period of a few days anyway - maybe if you left the game a week or more, but you’d still probably miss out on some). So I’d log in every day to make sure you don’t miss any.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Just wanted to update this thread..

for the first time in around 5/6 months I didn’t log in for 3 days as I’m boosting with that console. Assumed when I did log in I would have 30 night thorns waiting for me.

Nope! Only got 10. 

So I don’t think they accumulate (over a period of a few days anyway - maybe if you left the game a week or more, but you’d still probably miss out on some). So I’d log in every day to make sure you don’t miss any.

I only clear out a few a day and im infested in every biome with them ALOT more than 10 if invite you to come cut down all mine it's a jungle lol

52 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I only clear out a few a day and im infested in every biome with them ALOT more than 10 if invite you to come cut down all mine it's a jungle lol

This just pinged a thought that when they enable multiplayer this trophy will be so much quicker and easier. 

I think we'll be done before then mind, I think I've only got about 35 more days to go.

• Like 1