Game keeps randomly restarting checkpoints??

Joe Dubz

As the title says. I don't know why, because it wasn't happening before. It keeps screwing me up trying to get flawless runs going and it's quite annoying!

Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix?? (It's not the controller, as I've tried 2 including one practically brand new one)

EDIT: Thanks to the very awesome @Mori, there is an easy fix: you are likely putting your console into rest mode, which screws things up for whatever reason! Simply shut your console all the way down then reboot it. Worked like a charm for me the first time and no issues since!

Edited by Joe Dubz

13 hours ago, Mori said:

Do you put your console into rest mode? I had the same issue and I found a video with a fix. Turning off the console and then booting up again fixed it for me

Reveal hidden contents

@Mori my dude, you are a genius!! I usually do put mine into rest mode, so I am gonna try this.

Interestingly enough, it seems to be an issue solely on PS5 tho? My reasoning is this: I initially started playing on PS5 with 0 problems for the first week. I then opted to upload to the cloud so I can play on my PS4 upstairs (yano, when I'm supposed to be "working" ?). The problem only started at some point after I had been passing my save file back and forth between the 4 and 5! 

I tried just playing on the 4 and have had 0 issues since, intriguingly enough. But thank you kindly for the suggestion! I am gonna try this because otherwise I am gonna have to cart my PS4 back and forth (and my wife HATES me having 2 consoles downstairs ?). 

Edit: as I'm thinking about it, my PS4 gets turned all the way off regularly, which is prob why I'm not having any problems over there.

Edited by Joe Dubz

2 hours ago, Mori said:

Im glad it fixed the issue :) Good luck on the plat! 

Thank you kindly brother ? I'm definitely gonna need it ?

Mostly just worried about the MP part... I know single player can be done with enough practice and patience. But with mp, not only do I have to contend with finding and coordinating with someone on my limited dad life schedule, they also have to be good! And then theoretically I gotta do it twice since it's share play only ?

The thought makes me dizzy but we'll cross that bridge when we get there! Kudos to you and Arc for smashing that one out my dude ? I gotta find an @Arcesius or @Mori of my own and I'll be set ?

• 1 month later...

Just as a side note (I also have ps4/ps5 cloud switching), I’ve had levels crash on me when too much is going on with your clones or you’re doing something which the level doesn’t like, eg, too many clones on the screen etc but it does tend to happen on 1st try attempts usually towards the end of the level. I don’t put my ps5 into rest mode manually, however I must switch off the auto rest mode option power saver. It is very annoying and thanks to this thread it might have been why some levels were resetting to checkpoint on ps5.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 8:54 AM, vixietrixie said:

Just as a side note (I also have ps4/ps5 cloud switching), I’ve had levels crash on me when too much is going on with your clones or you’re doing something which the level doesn’t like, eg, too many clones on the screen etc but it does tend to happen on 1st try attempts usually towards the end of the level. I don’t put my ps5 into rest mode manually, however I must switch off the auto rest mode option power saver. It is very annoying and thanks to this thread it might have been why some levels were resetting to checkpoint on ps5.

Okay right, I've had that happen to me too a few times! There was one of the Doomsday levels (Momentum I think it was?) it would consistently happen to me if I spun around and hit the bomb with more than one clone.

BTW since we're here, let me know if you have a co-op partner... I've been trying to make sessions and message recent players, but no luck! I literally have 120 missions and 700 clones left to get the plat myself. 

Edited by Joe Dubz