"Timing Is Everything" Trophy - Ancestors Cannot Have Shield When Activating Cortex

coenak

If you follow the guide on this site (and many others) for the Timing Is Everything trophy, it suggests to keep all three ancestors alive while activating the cortex which kills them all instantly to get the trophy. I did this twice in a solo run and both times the trophy did not pop. I then looked everywhere online and finally found the solution buried in some YouTube comments.

You need to make sure that any shield from an ancestor is not on when you activate the cortex. If one or more ancestor does have their shield on, they will survive the cortex blast.

I then did another solo run and made sure my vulture was not hovering and that any of the traps were not zapping the ancestors when I activated the cortex. The trophy then popped! I also looked at each ancestor directly before activating to ensure their shield was off.

My first two failed attempts I believe my vulture was shooting an ancestor while I activated the cortex which enabled their shield and didn't allow for them to die. Some people online incorrectly are saying that the ancestors need to have low health before activating the cortex... this is incorrect. On my final run, two of the ancestors had full health while the other had about 75% full health.

Thought it might help someone else out and save them another run.

• Like 1

It may not be as simple as you make it out to be, as I did this trophy twice, both times I was hiding near the garage the entire time and never once shot the ancestors, and if I remember they come at the starting room with their shields on. So I dunno, maybe you was just unlucky.

Yeah maybe so, perhaps it was glitched the first two times for me for some reason. Others online were also saying that the ancestors have to be in the main area (where the cortex is) when you activate it, but both my failed attempts they were also in the main area. The shield thing makes sense as they would be invincible when the cortex blast happens which is why I thought it was that way, but you're right, it could just be glitched with how well COD games are supported ?

On 2023-03-23 at 3:59 PM, coenak said:

If you follow the guide on this site (and many others) for the Timing Is Everything trophy, it suggests to keep all three ancestors alive while activating the cortex which kills them all instantly to get the trophy. I did this twice in a solo run and both times the trophy did not pop. I then looked everywhere online and finally found the solution buried in some YouTube comments.

You need to make sure that any shield from an ancestor is not on when you activate the cortex. If one or more ancestor does have their shield on, they will survive the cortex blast.

I then did another solo run and made sure my vulture was not hovering and that any of the traps were not zapping the ancestors when I activated the cortex. The trophy then popped! I also looked at each ancestor directly before activating to ensure their shield was off.

My first two failed attempts I believe my vulture was shooting an ancestor while I activated the cortex which enabled their shield and didn't allow for them to die. Some people online incorrectly are saying that the ancestors need to have low health before activating the cortex... this is incorrect. On my final run, two of the ancestors had full health while the other had about 75% full health.

Thought it might help someone else out and save them another run.

Damn, i did it probablly like 20 times with people and first time i hear about this problem. Maybe its something that happens only in solo, and it doesnt happen much in coop. Or we were just lucky everytime ? At least you found a solution, might happen to some people for sure!

kuddos for your solo runs btw

Edited by bunshing

• 6 months later...