Beyond Skyrim mod to add Cyrodiil, one town at a time

Lady Lilith

http://kotaku.com/adding-oblivion-to-skyrim-one-town-at-a-time-1547865286

divlcladnvgko4czupwt.jpgSEXPAND

Beyond Skyrim is a series of in-development mods that seek to add lands... well, beyond Skyrim, to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Now, thanks to a new trailer, we have some idea of what one of these mods will look like: Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil, which deals with the country seen in TES IV: Oblivion.P

The trailer focuses on Bruma, the first "slice" of the Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil mod, which will be released this coming summer. The developers promise to not only recreate Bruma, thenorthernmost town of the province (and its surroundings), but also fill it up with quests and fully voiced characters—and some custom music and artwork, to boot.P

It sounds like a massively ambitious project for sure, and it will probably take years to pull off. Hopefully these guys will pull through. It's looking great so far. In any case, keep an eye on theproject's Facebook page for updates.

This sounds  :holy: At least then I won't have to put up with Oblivion's awkward UI.

I used to see ambitious projects like this all the time back when I played Morrowind, but never paid them much mind. Usually the target completion dates were way past what I'd consider a normal time of interest in the game, and the quality, while good for talented amateurs, wasn't quite up to the same level of the professionals. One project I remember had a team building the entire mainland provinces of Morrowind around the island of Vvardenfell; when I poked around their demo, they had the city of Blacklight built, minus NPCs, quests, and building interiors. There was one guy that had wanted to turn the castle of Ebonheart into an actual capital worthy of the name and had managed to extend the city all the way down the peninsula that the original castle in the game was built on; he was trying to get people onboard with designing the interiors, NPCs, and quests.