Am I able to purchase gold if my game is a different region from my profile?

I have a US account but a physical UK version of the game. Normally when I want to buy DLC for European games I use my alt account that's solely for digital stuff but I've never purchased anything that is considered a currency. Would I be able to purchase gold on my UK account and have it show up on the game even if my profile is US? I'm assuming it's tied to the user profile associated with the purchasing account but just wanted to confirm... if not, am I able to earn enough gold relatively easily to at least purchase the Collector role or whatever it's called?

Thank you!

Microtransactions are both region and account locked so only the account in the region the game is from, can buy and use them but actual DLC can be used on any account, provided it's not an account bound unlock key and you buy it/them from the PS Store in the same region the game is from and set your main account as the primary one.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Gold is not too difficult to earn in the game. You get a treasure map every 5 levels which gives about 1 gold bar each on average. You'll also occasionally get treasure maps from looting enemies. You'll also get a decent chunk from completing the online mode's story missions the first time. You can also get 10 gold bars by enabling 2FA for your Rockstar account.

If you go for the collector role first, you'll probably need to rely on extra daily challenges and level up treasure maps to try for a second role. For bounty hunter, you get gold directly from the role missions.

• Like 1