Please share your checklist before the End Game

Sara-Rosecult

I'm guessing it's the other door in shaded woods that requires something of the king. Only a guess though...

At Forked Road bonfire,  the left one will lead to Drangleic Castle (the throne room for the final battle is there), the middle one will lead to Aldia's Keep (then Dragon Shine).  I'm wondering what would happen after the final battle in the throne room (will it start over automatically on NG+?).  Before NG+, I want to re-visit all the NPCs, empty their stocks and say good bye to them.  Therefore, I really don't want to end the game pre-maturally.  The main problem here is that certain merchants won't sell unlimited chunks of material unless the final boss is dead. 

On Trueachievements there's a topic on https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2430-DARK-SOULS-II/29-Curious-Map about lighting the eight flames that states it can only be unlocked after speaking to an NPC after beating the final boss (and the seven other large bosses) and that to avoid going to NG+ afterwards you just have to avoid the bonfire in Majula.

That is going to be tough to do.  Since the merchant that selling chunks is located near the bonfire in Majula.  I'm assuming that NPC you were talking about is Shanalotte, the Emerald Herald.   Is it safe to travel to Majula but not talk to her?

I got it! :)  I found the checklist things to do before NG+:  http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus

On Trueachievements there's a topic on https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2430-DARK-SOULS-II/29-Curious-Map about lighting the eight flames that states it can only be unlocked after speaking to an NPC after beating the final boss (and the seven other large bosses) and that to avoid going to NG+ afterwards you just have to avoid the bonfire in Majula.

That is going to be tough to do.  Since the merchant that selling chunks is located near the bonfire in Majula.  I'm assuming that NPC you were talking about is Shanalotte, the Emerald Herald.   Is it safe to travel to Majula but not talk to her?

I got it! :)  I found the checklist things to do before NG+:  http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus

Avoid it? No. It's an option at the bonefire so  you can choose whenever.

Did you fight the Darklurker yet?

Not yet!  Only if you wish to be rank 3 in the Dark Covenant, which I want to do before starting NG+.  I also wish to get to rank 2 of the Bell Covenant before NG+.

FYI, after eliminated the final boss, came the end game video and 5 minutes of credit rollings, then I was back in Majula.   When resting at bonfire in Majula, there is an option for starting NG+ as KillCount2121 mentioned.  Suprisingly, no one (NPCs in the game) recognize me as the new ruler.  I just saved their world and they didn't even notice anything.

• Like 1

Question:   By now, everyone know that the enemies and bosses will have more HP (Health) in NG+.  However, what about our summoned NPCs, will they have more HP too?   I normally don't summon NPCs, but it is required for two of the trophies.   Thanks!

PS:  I killed the Darklurker last night.  I got killed a few times by his double/clone.  I sure hope that he doesn't clone himself three times in NG+, and 4 of him in NG++.

Another tip: Remember to collect the King Soul after you kill him. You can turn his soul into a King's shield which has 100% physical block and very high fire protection. I missed this on my first play-through because his soul was no where near the spot that he died. Pretty sticky, I would never thought that a King would be living in a hut, which is where his soul was.