something is… missing

Aluminium_Sirius

Something is afoot…

Hi,
Not sure if this happened after last PS4 patch or recent privacy settings reminder, but it looks like all games are the same: when you slide down the info of the game, except for trophies you could also watch other players’ (not your friends or followed) activity in the game, like e.g.: screenshots, videos or live broadcasts (there was a section, with icons of: picture, film reel and camera). Now it’s gone and looks like nobody is sharing anything. While it might be true for some games, but absolutely not for RE2, which always has tonnes of bragging images with game completion time or japanese videos.
Is it global or I fumbled something? (but I did nothing lol, at least I have no memory of it)
Did Sony quietly removed this thing as well?

Examples:
1871e71538a95-58016112391-C85-F973-E-3-A

1871e7139de69-58016112391-C85-F973-E-3-A

1871e7169fc58-58016112391-C85-F973-E-3-A

• Like 1

I've noticed some games on PS4 have always been missing a few of those tabs, like the Playstation Store one. Usually that's with games that don't have DLC, but occasionally there's a few annoying ones that DO have DLC, but the tab still isn't there (Void Bastards and Dead Cells are/were like this), so it makes it a tad harder to know if a game has DLC or not. At the very least, they always have the "overview" section, even for the weird few games that don't have trophies, they simply won't have a percentage bar for the trophy list in those cases.

I haven't ever really paid attention to the Live from PlayStation section, so I can't say whether some games had it before that now don't or not, but it could indeed be that they removed it, for whatever reason. Could be intentional, or it could be a temporary issue or something, like physical games with DLC that weren't currently installed not appearing in your library after the update (though they came back about 2 days later for me, and others I know who had the same issue).

• Like 1

This is very sad then. Considering the fact that so few people even noticed it even strenghtens the sadness. PS4's PSN is becoming like PS5 and fast. And PS5 in terms of community options, sharing and multimedia interactions is nothing better than PS2, albeit with better graphics. Stunning graphics, but a hollow shell.

Speaking of which I know a dude (a kid is more like it, born after 2006) who plays like 9 hours a day on ps4 and didn't know PS4 has ,,What's New'', not even that you can write to others directly from the console (he knows only the app). He didn't believe me when I told him even PS3 has those, and his father ought to know this (father & son are using the same account lol). I'd wager people like him has a really smooth transition to next-gen consoles. No surprise in store for them.

Is Sony de-evoluting PSN?

• Like 1