Your own MVP recipe

Abraniell

So I've just finished my 500th game and with that 343th win and at last my 200th MVP's long before my 1k assists trophy. And I tought to make this as some sort of mini guide for what it's imo the trophy that will determine if you get the plat or not as by the time you get 200 MVP's you will likely get all other trophies on the way. The trophy is also almost impossible to boost due to how busy the game is at all times and even if saying you disable cross play, get yourself 6 boosters and have perfect luck on matchmaking, boosting 200 MVP's x6 times is way slower than playing and going for it legit just yourself. With that said it's important to mention that the game its constantly receiving pretty much monthly updates, new charachters, new mechanics so depending on when you play this approches might still be working or might be completely obsolete so if you find something thats working for you at the time and in a pretty consistent basis feel free to leave it down below for others!

So first the game received a major update regarding the MVP system this month. Now on top of the usual Points, Assists, Blocks, Rebounds & Steals discussed on the guide theres an addition to Field Goals, Loose balls and Turnovers. Most of this if not all don't matter at all as unfortunately the new system makes every number you put across the board worth 0.5 MVP points so focusing on going for a high point count and playing selfish is all you need and way more rewarding than going for rebounds, asissts or blocks and playing with a teamwork mindset. So with that out of the way I will offer you 2 different approches for getting MVP's pretty consistenlty.

Secondly and this might be the most important part, you need to have your MVP set up ready meaning that you should have 2 characters of the same or similar positions (C,PF,SG,SF,PG) at least in Max level prestige 3 with their own P-Buffs set up their pets and their ability cards refer to the main guide for more information on what everything does and the proper set up based on the approach you pick.

And last make sure that you are at all times searching for Low Tier matches on regular 3vs3 with crossplay On. If possible play on the afternoon CST on weekdays and as most as you can on weekends as this are the times you will encounter most newbie players both as teammates and as oponents giving you a perfect opportunity for an easy MVP.

Approach #1: This is more of newbie friendly approach and is overall easier to get MVP's this way. First you'll need a solid C or PF. I will recommend Clarke, Murdock or Luther as its what I used for like 90% of my playtime, Double D or Jimmy are also a great choice if you have them unlocked. This characters are all tall strong and clunky, they are perfect for rebounds, blocks and dunks. Don't bother with assists, steals, 3 points or middle field shots with this guys. The perfect mindset to have while playing with this characters is focusing on a tight defense, blocks and rebounds and while on offense go for dunks or layups. As stated before don't bother with asissts or feeding points to your teammates as they are also your competition on the way to popping this trophy. 

Approach #2: This one will requiere some practice but its way more consistent than the first approach and if you manage to get comfortable with this one you will be unstoppable on the court and your MVP score won't even be close to the other players. This one focuses more on points than anything else so you are going to need to hit 3 pointers in a pretty consistent way. Fred, Kim or Rin are some of the best SG out there. Ox Queen or Walker are also extremely good if you have them. You will need to learn and practice how to make yourself available for open shots so you can hit the 3's more consistenlty. They are also short and fast so they are good for steals focus on this more than blocks, rebound when possible but if theres a C or PF on your team already going for rebounds just stay at the 3 point line for a pass so you can hopefully have a wide open shot. If you manage to hit a good 6 to 9 3-pointers in the game then you will have yourselft an MVP.

Finally with the last update you can now see who you are up against in the MVP candidates at around half of the 2nd half of each game so you can fully focus on going against that player. If it's a teammate try to interfer with his plays and don't pass him the ball no matter what. If it's an opponent guard him at all coasts even if he already has a mark on him a double guard will push him to pass the ball make mistakes and at most get him just an asisst. 

In the end the most important tip I can give is to stay consistent with the game try to show up everday to the court till you are able to make plays with ease. It's still a big time commitment it took me almost 2 months of playing 1-2 hours each day till the daily challanges were done to finish but the game is a lot of fun and I found that playing for small periods of time but each day consistently improves your overall preformance with this kind of games.

• Like 2

The most recent update to MVP is a HUGE pain in the butt - this is coming from someone who spent a lot of the time with the game. Each missed shot lowers your overall MVP points, meaning that taking a risky shot could be worse than passing the ball. It might sound like an obvious thing as that's how basketball works to begin with, but before the update, it was much easier to force the MVP points without having the penalty.

Without a doubt, the best approach that worked for me is to have any PF/C and Pedro (in rare cases even playing one of them for both halves). A bit more info about that:

For PF/C character, everything you've summarized in the Approach #1 is solid. Rebounds are one of the most effective ways to get MVP, as it usually also leads to an assist or a score. 2 points > 1. I personally played Clarke all the way from beginning to end but I do think characters like Lee (and any premium characters) are a solid choice. A decked-out Lee and premium characters can reliably score 3pts if left alone, unlike someone like Clarke. It's not a necessity but it's nice to have some flexibility.

Pedro is easily one of the best characters in the game to force MVPs - the logic is somewhat similar to the PF/C approach. With Pedro, you want to steal the ball and chain it into a score or assist; once again turning a simple action into 2 MVP points. However, unlike PF/C characters, Pedro can do it all - he can steal, rebound, score, assist, and easily pick up loose balls...ALL of these actions give you MVP points. Out of my 200 MVPs, Pedro got me half of them (and started playing him quite late into my journey).

Goes without saying that you should only be playing in the Low Tier queue for MVPs as your chances of getting them in the High Tier are very, very close to zero.

• Like 1

If you do in fact want to boost it, the strategy will remain the same. I personally had no issue boosting this with cross-play disabled on the PS4 EU server, but it comes with the hefty requirement of needing 6 controllers and 2 consoles if you want to do it yourself. 9 times out of 10 I would find my main account in low tier matchmaking without bumping into someone. 

Solely MvP’s it was just score 12 points with the main controller and then when there’s 2 minutes left in the second half, forfeit with the dummy console. The idle kick timer in this game is very harsh, but if you’re using multiple controllers it will only warn the main user of each console, so you can just rubber band one dummy controller and you’re good to go. Your write-up is invaluable for people that want to do it legit, but it’s definitely not worth doing if you can self boost it or even trade with a friend. It took me roughly 30-35h to finish the game entirely boosted.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

spacer.png

From what I understand from this table, once I reach level 30 I will no longer be able to play in low tier, it's correct?

I haven't played a ton but I'm already level 9 and have gotten about 11 MVPs. I'm worried about the high tier not even allowing me to shoot baskets anymore. Maybe I should abandon the match if I have no hope of being the MVP?

Edited by Manilu-08