"On a budget" trophy.

It‘s important that all of your laps are valid and make sure it‘s 10 cars plus you, so 11 in total. Since the first 1.8 update there are a couple of new bugs in the game. I got the trophy earlier and can‘t tell if this is a maybe a new problem.

Edited by TOTENTANZ_77

On 29.3.2023 at 1:18 AM, TOTENTANZ_77 said:

It‘s important that all of your laps are valid and make sure it‘s 10 cars plus you, so 11 in total. Since the first 1.8 update there are a couple of new bugs in the game. I got the trophy earlier and can‘t tell if this is a maybe a new problem.

Yeah im playing on the disc unpatched version now for the career trophies so havent tried it on the newer patches. All my laps wheb attempting has been perfect pretty much. I’ll give it a try again after the career is done. Thanks for replying.

• Like 1

On 30.3.2023 at 4:24 PM, iKriiiZz said:

Yeah im playing on the disc unpatched version now for the career trophies so havent tried it on the newer patches. All my laps wheb attempting has been perfect pretty much. I’ll give it a try again after the career is done. Thanks for replying.

So you don’t having any problems playing the disc version only? I tried it several times. But without the update the game doesn‘t start. I tried with Wifi on/off, with old and new save game - no chance. I start the game, I jear the disc running but the screen turns black and nothing more.

Edited by TOTENTANZ_77

21 hours ago, TOTENTANZ_77 said:

So you don’t having any problems playing the disc version only? I tried it several times. But without the update the game doesn‘t start. I tried with Wifi on/off, with old and new save game - no chance. I start the game, I jear the disc running but the screen turns black and nothing more.

I was having the same problem as you with the disc version. The only way I can get it to work is if I pull out my internet cable to my PS5, turn off the network settings and restart my PS5. When its back on I put the disc in and the game starts. I also deleted the game off my console and deleted every save from both cloud and console storage. I have no idea why this works, but it does for me hahah. I played the updated digital version for all the other trophies with no problems.

On 2.4.2023 at 8:26 AM, iKriiiZz said:

I was having the same problem as you with the disc version. The only way I can get it to work is if I pull out my internet cable to my PS5, turn off the network settings and restart my PS5. When its back on I put the disc in and the game starts. I also deleted the game off my console and deleted every save from both cloud and console storage. I have no idea why this works, but it does for me hahah. I played the updated digital version for all the other trophies with no problems.

I did exactly the same thing, even rebuild the database structure of my PS5 and cleared the catch without sucess. Will try it again but now I am running out of ideas. Another quick question: Once you got the game running … was it necessary to start the game always with WiFi off or only for the first time?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.4.2023 at 8:37 PM, TOTENTANZ_77 said:

I did exactly the same thing, even rebuild the database structure of my PS5 and cleared the catch without sucess. Will try it again but now I am running out of ideas. Another quick question: Once you got the game running … was it necessary to start the game always with WiFi off or only for the first time?

Really sorry for the delayed response. I actually dont know because i’ve never tried it. I always keep the internet off until im done with my session. 
Have you tried turning off your router aswell before you restart the console and then put in the disc as the console turns back on? 

On 3/28/2023 at 6:36 PM, iKriiiZz said:

Does anybody have any tips on how to get this trophy? I've done multiple races with way over 10 laps all clean but still no trophy. Im just doing quick races in singleplayer with no luck. 

Appreciate any tips:)

I don't remember where I posted my solution about this trophy but fortunately, I wrote it down a local Word document so this is how I did it:

The trophy is glitched because I feel like depending on the number of opponents, where you start from the grid or the setup AI, you might not get it. But I think the most important thing is the hotlap time.

My setup was like this and will post it on the forum :

1. Go to the single-player mode
  2. Select a quick race and 5 minutes of race length and whatever time (I choose 10 pm to farm the SA)
  3. Choose the start grid at the first position
  4. Number of opponents to 16
  5. AI skill to 80
  6. AI aggressiveness to 0
  7. Then go to the difficulty mode and set the damage to 100% (difficulty should be personalized, equals to pro difficulty)
  8. Choose any track and any car

Then start the race and do a clean lap and most important thing, improve your lap time every lap as I did here below:

hotlap-times-acc-on-a-budget-trophy.jpg

I think this is the key to getting the trophy because, from the description, it says specifically "Valid hotlap speeds".

Hope it will help you to get it :)

12 hours ago, Mystic_Snake said:

I don't remember where I posted my solution about this trophy but fortunately, I wrote it down a local Word document so this is how I did it:

The trophy is glitched because I feel like depending on the number of opponents, where you start from the grid or the setup AI, you might not get it. But I think the most important thing is the hotlap time.

2. Select a quick race and 5 minutes of race length and whatever time (I choose 10 pm to farm the SA)
  5. AI skill to 80
  7. Then go to the difficulty mode and set the damage to 100% (difficulty should be personalized, equals to pro difficulty)

Then start the race and do a clean lap and most important thing, improve your lap time every lap as I did here below:

I think this is the key to getting the trophy because, from the description, it says specifically "Valid hotlap speeds".

Hope it will help you to get it :)

Hey, thanks for the reply! It actually popped 2 days ago. I have no idea what i did to pop it because i did like 8-10 races with various things and all clean laps, damage 100% and valid hotlaps on a 5 min race. I gave up to continue my career as the trophy randomly popped duing the practice session at Spa??. 

This game is so broken its almost funny at some points.

12 minutes ago, iKriiiZz said:

Hey, thanks for the reply! It actually popped 2 days ago. I have no idea what i did to pop it because i did like 8-10 races with various things and all clean laps, damage 100% and valid hotlaps on a 5 min race. I gave up to continue my career as the trophy randomly popped duing the practice session at Spa1f602.png1f643.png

This game is so broken its almost funny at some points.

Actually, the trophy where you need to overlap all your opponents, I got it at the start of the race after qualifying in the pole position but don't know why it worked. The game is fantastic in terms of driving and racing (physics, graphics, type of cars, tracks, despite too much DLC behind) but regarding the trophies, I can concede the game is kind of broken. 

I saw you got the trophy Marathon recently and so randomly for real? So you didn't need to finish the career mode to get this trophy? That's really surprising! I'm just progressing on the short career mode and I'm on the first endurance race at Monza and this is where many players have glitches on getting the gold medal. So will see what I will get by playing this race disconnected from the internet. If you have any tips regarding the career mode, don't hesitate to tell us. I think I will create a thread about it to gather all useful tips and information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mystic_Snake said:

I saw you got the trophy Marathon recently and so randomly for real? So you didn't need to finish the career mode to get this trophy? That's really surprising! I'm just progressing on the short career mode and I'm on the first endurance race at Monza and this is where many players have glitches on getting the gold medal. So will see what I will get by playing this race disconnected from the internet. If you have any tips regarding the career mode, don't hesitate to tell us. I think I will create a thread about it to gather all useful tips and information.

No, I did finish the career mode for it, but I'm doing the medium career now hahah. I was actually just about to finish the last race at Spa 8 hours with 1 hour left and my game crashed:(:( Luckily I did a save before I started so I "just" gonna do it again! 

I'll have a look at your thread and share all my tips and laps times for all the races! Im playing all the careers offline tho.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/3/2023 at 8:37 PM, TOTENTANZ_77 said:

Hi guys, I am having the same issue, ps5 disc v1.7.6 only showing black screen. Have deleted save file and game from console storage, disabled internet, disc installation, restart console, but problem still there. Anyone found a fix to play game in older version (because of bugged career trophies)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 7:32 AM, Mystic_Snake said:

5. AI skill to 80

Thanks, it worked out. I did it on Monza with just 10 opponents and drove extra carefully around the bumps, not sure if they might cause damage to the car.

First I tried it on Brands Hatch, after finishing the race I skipped the extra 3 minutes at the end and got a penalty message during the celebration screen. I assume that the game continues when the screen goes black, so my car probably drove off the track for a couple seconds resulting in a penalty. Not sure if that was the reason for it not to pop.

Edited by Mori