Deathstroke fight question

So it's been years since I played this and decided to come back. I'm at Deathstroke and the trophy for him says to not miss any counters. Now my question is, does it mean not to miss any of the triangle prompts that say counter?

Or does it mean any counters including the blue thing where you normally pres X

I can hot my triangle prompts fine it's just the random blue ones that get me

• Like 1

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9270-batman-arkham-origins-trophy-guide#35-point-counter-point

"When you get to the end of the Final Offer section, you'll face Deathstroke. During this fight, you'll be able to hit Deathstroke a few consecutive times, but he'll then perform a counter attack. When he does this, DO NOT SPAM Triangle. If you play in Normal, the screen will slow down eventually and a  prompt will appear on screen. Do that every time he performs these attacks. Eventually he'll drop a smoke bomb, jump at you and repeatedly attack you. You'll have to spam Triangle here, and after that, perform a beat down on him spamming Square. Whenever you get the chance (when the combo number turns yellow), perform a takedown on him."

Have you checked the guide?

Nobody in comments corrects the guide so this should be enough

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9270-batman-arkham-origins-trophy-guide#35-point-counter-point

"When you get to the end of the Final Offer section, you'll face Deathstroke. During this fight, you'll be able to hit Deathstroke a few consecutive times, but he'll then perform a counter attack. When he does this, DO NOT SPAM Triangle. If you play in Normal, the screen will slow down eventually and a  prompt will appear on screen. Do that every time he performs these attacks. Eventually he'll drop a smoke bomb, jump at you and repeatedly attack you. You'll have to spam Triangle here, and after that, perform a beat down on him spamming Square. Whenever you get the chance (when the combo number turns yellow), perform a takedown on him."

Have you checked the guide?

Nobody in comments corrects the guide so this should be enough

Yes i read the guide and i took note of that but also in video guides people do it flawlessly. I just don't want to make it harder than it needs to be and don't want to backtrack if I don't need to, please don't be rude

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2023 at 8:29 AM, Stargazer2600 said:

So it's been years since I played this and decided to come back. I'm at Deathstroke and the trophy for him says to not miss any counters. Now my question is, does it mean not to miss any of the triangle prompts that say counter?

Or does it mean any counters including the blue thing where you normally pres X

I can hot my triangle prompts fine it's just the random blue ones that get me

I actually got Point Counter-Point and some other misc trophies last week, but for some reason my PS3 crashed catastrophically a bit later into the game and I had to do it again tonight. The crash wiped all my trophies locally and I was too worried about the possibility of missing timestamps to sync it on the offchance it worked, so I factory reset my PS3 and started the game again from scratch.

Even having done it already very recently, it took time. To answer your question, you cannot receive ANY damage from Deathstroke. You have to perfectly parry/counter every single one of his attacks. If you get hit from ANYTHING, restart checkpoint. It sounds really bad but isn't.

His blue attacks are (mostly) very easy to block. Just hit triangle as soon as you see the blue "flash". Just be aware that the camera in this fight is useless, so always spin the analogue stick around to face him after you hit him. He does appear to occasionally be able to get a "cheap" hit in from the blue flash attack, despite you countering him exactly the same way as you normally do. This game is a bit broken IMO so it is what it is.

The next attack he can do is a QTE, which really through me off. Once you realize it's a QTE, i.e. if he doesn't have a blue flash, then just wait and press Triangle when prompted. If you press Triangle too early it will negate the counter and you will fail and need to restart.

For his barrel attacks, just press Triangle at the last minute, those are very easy to counter.

His last attack is after you counter a barrel, he draws his gun with a laser sight. As you will no doubt have seen from the videos, just run towards him when this happens and he puts his gun away.

The secrets to this fight and getting this trophy are:

- Do not get frustrated. Chill. Let him attack you with his blue flash attacks. Counter, then hit him with slow methodical taps of the square button

- Throw in a quick Batclaw attack now and then (L2 and Triangle followed by Square). In the early stage of the fight he will adapt to this if you use it too often, so use it periodically. Especially in the last part, you can use it more liberally

- Get ready to spam Triangle when time slows down and he throws a smoke grenade

- If he seems to be attacking you but you don't see a blue flash, wait until you see a Triangle prompt. For me this was the most counter-intuitive thing about this fight

- It will take you a fair few goes to get this down. Even though I literally did this a few days ago, I still needed to get into the zone, it's not easy but it also isn't that hard

- As you make your way through the fight without getting hit but then screw up at the end, you will find the first two phases of the fight are extremely easy, you just need to be patient to learn the last phase and restart checkpoint if you get hit

- He will do some nasty 2-3 phase QTE attacks with his sword in the last phase, but if you are chilled and just pay attention to what he is doing (and don't hit Triangle too early), you will get it. The good news is that once he starts doing that, you have almost got the trophy

- In the sword fight part (stage three of the fight) I made the mistake once of running away from him a bit to get a better camera angle. He shot me twice. Just put up with the crappy camera, there is nothing you can do about it.

- It should be obvious when you get hit, but keep a save on a USB to reload in case you make a mistake and finish the fight

Overall, it's not a ridiculously hard trophy, you just have to practice a bit and stay calm. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 2