Need help before buying ps5

aditya319

Hello all, i am planning to buy ps5 but my primary aim is to play co op with my wife. I already have ps4. In this context i have following questions-

1. Will i have to buy 2 copies of each game on ps4 and ps5 which i want to play co op?

2. Will i have to subscribe separately to Ps plus on ps4 and ps5 to enable online co op play?

In case answer is positive to above two questions i guess i will have to drop plan to buy ps5 since spending twice on same thing will prove too costly and unreasonable. If someone has any method or way to overcome twice paying issue please do let me know, i will really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

• 3 weeks later...

The subscription to PS+ essential is for the psn account, and you can use the same account on the ps4 and the ps5, so, you only need one PS+ essential subscription for the online gaming in both consoles.

You don't have to buy 2 copies of the same game, unless the only way to play it on ps5 is with a different Ps5 version of that game. In most cases, if you have the Ps4 disc of the game or its Ps4 download, you can just insert the ps4 disc on the ps5 or download the same ps4 download on the ps5 and it works. Therefore, you only need to buy it once. When the game has a ps5 version and a ps4 version, if you only want to buy it once (to play it on both consoles) you would have to get the Ps4 version. If it is the disc version, your ps5 must be the one that has the disc drive. Otherwise, you would have to buy the download version of the game for Ps4, and then, just download it on both consoles, using the same player account you used to buy it.

Also, since you are on the hunt for 2-player co-op games, I would recommend checking out Magicka 2 and Diablo 3.

• 3 weeks later...

I think OP's question is to make sure he can play online co-op with his wife. In this case I think they will need a 2nd account that has at least PSN+ essesntial.

Because they can not start the same game (not even the same game, basically both consoles can't play PS4 games at the same time with the same account) on both consoles if they are using the same account.