Tips for the Platinum

whitelion1256

I would also suggest to try to not use fast travel that much. Something you are going to do for most of the time in this game is searching for collectibles, and they are scattered literally everywhere. So ( at least from my experience ) even if i had to go from point A to B several times i would always choose to not use fast travel so that i could take all the collectibles i missed from previous explorations. Great tips by the way :)

• Like 1

Good advice in general but one thing I'd throw out in regards to the combat: take the time to get good at parrying. Enemies actually aren't really bullet sponges (even on hard) once you get a feel for it. Perfect parrying a normal sized enemy that uses melee attacks (which is probably like half the enemies in the game) causes the enemy to be staggered and if you attack it (preferably with the water attack since it's stronger, wind usually takes like 2 or 3 hits) you can knock it down to the ground. If you've unlocked the appropriate talents, enemies on the ground can be instantly killed regardless of their HP, or, if they're too far away/combat is too hectic to go in for the insta-kill you'll still do 2x damage to them.

Buffed up water weaving and perfect parrying everything you can is really strong, a lot of enemies can essentially be killed with just 1 attack and a follow up. More importantly though the upcoming update to the game is also adding a counter attack, so I suspect learning to parry will become even stronger.

On the outside the game looks like some sort of magic slinging FPS but it mechanically has a lot more in common with melee action games. You get a big leg up if you take the time to learn enemy attack patterns and take them head on.

• Like 2

On 02/04/2023 at 4:41 PM, whitelion1256 said:

By far the most important thing, and I cannot emphasize that enough, every chance you get, do the Hyakki Yako (visitor parade). Save before it, lower the difficulty if you have to, but clear it every time you spot it. You need to do this a total of 8 times and this is by far the most important thing you should prioritize to cut down on your mop-up time. For reference, I did not know about this, and so by the time I completed everything else I had done 5 out of 8. It took me roughly 2-3 hours of afking and around 30 minutes of actively searching for the parades to get the remaining three. Moreover, I'd advise that every 30-40 minutes of playtime, jump to Shibuya Scramble Crossing and check if there is a parade at the crossroads. The sooner you get done with those, the easier your life will be. 

What trophy are the parades for? Because i didn't see them mentioned in the trophy guide so i've basically been skipping them all ?

14 hours ago, nycxi said:

What trophy are the parades for? Because i didn't see them mentioned in the trophy guide so i've basically been skipping them all 1f605.png

It is related to the trophy of 100% of the spirits. To reach 100% beyond the spirits that are in the streets, there are 3 specific groups:

1. From the cubes that we have to protect
  2. From the city underground
  3. And from the parades (whenever we complete a parade, some spirits appear to capture)
Edited by Zarkhal
  • Like 4