Question on suppression assist

Remain-Vigilant

I'm trying to figure out this award requirement; I read that this award is buggy, and it is tricky.

My question: what exactly do I have to do to activate this award? 

Also, does this award work in a boosting session, and what seems to trigger it?

Award requirement: 20 Suppression Assists.

Thank you

You can "suppress" an enemy by firing shots that pass very close to them without actually hitting them.

This causes a weapon sway effect on the suppressed enemy.

This game mechanic was revised to make suppressing fire much more effective at longer ranges.

In the example shown at the time an LMG wouldn't get maximum suppression until 80 metres.

Your active SUPPRESSION spec (Support class - Perimeter Defense - Tier 2) increases the effect.

Their active COVER spec reduces it.

You get a Suppression Assist when a team-mate kills someone suppressed by you.

I assume this would be valid in any boosting session that qualifies for trophies, etc. (minimum player count?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barticle said:

You can "suppress" an enemy by firing shots that pass very close to them without actually hitting them.

This causes a weapon sway effect on the suppressed enemy.

This game mechanic was revised to make suppressing fire much more effective at longer ranges.

In the example shown at the time an LMG wouldn't get maximum suppression until 80 metres.

Your active SUPPRESSION spec (Support class - Perimeter Defense - Tier 2) increases the effect.

Their active COVER spec reduces it.

You get a Suppression Assist when a team-mate kills someone suppressed by you.

I assume this would be valid in any boosting session that qualifies for trophies, etc. (minimum player count?)

Thanks for the reply and post. You provided valid points, and I will test out the suppression spec. 

Boosting a session requires four players minimum to start a match for progress to register.

Edited by Remain-Vigilant

I played a match with Trophy Hunters, and we completed the suppression assist task; Get killed once the corners of the screen need to get darkened; Three players in one team and a single player. Two players suppress the player, and the third player finishes them off. Everyone gets suppression assist except the player being suppressed and killed. 

A player told me that being in the squad does not work because it will count as squad suppression assists instead of registering suppression assist.

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend you do the suppression assists with 2 fellow boosters and communicate with each other through mic. You can tell you're being suppressed when your screen's outer edges become hazy which is about 5-7 seconds of continuously shooting rounds approaching very close to your character's head. So the best way to boost this is through 3 boosters, 2 on one team and the 3rd booster on the opposite team as the kill bait. One will be killed (kill bait), another will do the killing (killer booster) and the booster getting the suppression assists will be the one shooting rounds near the kill bait (SA booster) and be on the same team as the killer booster. The SA booster will shoot LMG rounds for 5-7 seconds very close to the kill bait's head and try to avoid hitting the kill bait. The kill bait will say out loud if they are ready to be killed once their screen's outer edges are noticeably hazy. As soon as the kill bait says they are ready to die, the killer booster will quickly headshot and kill the kill bait. The kill bait should set up a beacon near the SA and killer boosters to speed up the process and the SA booster should have an ammo box near them to quickly replenish LMG rounds. This should take no more than 20 minutes to complete once you get the hang of it. Obviously do this in a rented server that is ranked and only with your fellow boosters because it will be difficult to do in an active game session. Also, make sure that the SA booster and Killer booster are not in the same squad since then it will be squad assists which won't count.

Suppression assist mechanics are annoying and inconsistent but it is easily boostable.

Edited by Mad
  • Like 1