Amazed or just blind that i didn't see this mentioned as a tip here. 
But getting 100% is easier than it seems.
Pretty much all you need is the boathouse asset. 
Basically Checkpoint Charlie each time you complete it, it counts towards your completion %. For trophy hunters it's pretty much a life saver for skipping all the boring tasks like pizza delivery or 100 taxi fares.
Of course you can complete them if you want to make the story easier, but if you've completed the game and have minor things left to do like, rampages or stadium events then you can completely ignore those.

Each time you go in one of the boats, has to be the one that starts Checkpoint Charlie at 3 minutes, not the 2m55s one.
Complete it, save, load that same save, and go do it again. 
Each completion adds like 0.7% to the completion so if you don't see the number move its cause it doesn't show the in between numbers so it probably went from like 80.1 to 80.8 still shows up as 80 + each completion also makes 1 more of those money icons spawn so you're making the place earn an extra 2k each time

• Like 1

Haven't played GTA3 yet, but didn't notice anything like this in san andreas
Was busy being distracted by the low draw distance like collectibles are such a pain since they don't often even show up at a certain distance making you think they're already collected.
But for vice city definitely that works, i used it since i thought my game bugged cause i was at 79% and only had like 4 things left to do, but didn't know that jumps are the only collectible that adds to the progress per jump, assumed it was like all the rest 
Then i turned to this strategy quite the time saver especially when you got rampages left to do and they aren't the easiest

31 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

It's an old 100% speedrun strat, definitely useful at times.
No such thing is in 3 and SA, all due to how VC handled property missions.

Good to know, but yeah definitely useful at times especially for the taxi mission and rampages 
would rather do 2 boat rides than 100 fares + 35 rampages