Nioh 2 100% vs Nioh 1 100%?

Mst-Sgt-Peppa

So I'm wondering about the difficulty of the 100% for Nioh 1 vs Nioh 2, not just the plat but all the DLCs. Half a year back or so I decided to hop into Nioh 1 and really enjoyed going for the full 100%, and it was pretty nuts how much extra challenge it added on vs the plat (having to complete some of those crazy bonus missions on Way of the Demon...)

I'm curious how the difficulty for Nioh 2 stacks up to this, if anyone has done both and compare? I'll be giving it a shot either way as I picked up the complete edition already and I'm just waiting for when I have a decent chunk of free time to get stuck in. I think I spent about 100 hours on clearing everything in Nioh 1 so I figure it'll take at least as long this time, but that was some of the best 100 hours of gameplay I've had in recent years so I'm pretty excited.

• Like 1

100% for Nioh required beating every single mission in the entire game (base game and DLC) on Demon whereas Nioh 2 you only need to beat the DLC missions on Demon so in that respect it’s easier. Of course the DLC for the Nioh games is a lot harder than anything in the base game. The only mission I recall being any real challenge is ‘Against All Comers’ which has you surviving wave after wave of enemies including bosses. That being said, with a good build, Demon difficulty isn’t hard.

Nioh 2 is easiest and more balanced, while some bosses can be tough you can beat the game until DOTN to farm ethereal gear, with a +50 ish I was able to face roll everything in Nioh 2 on DOTD, but in the original Nioh even with the same gear and build some enemies could one shot me, there's also a side mission in which you'll have to face-off against 2 really tough bosses on WOTD.......shit was nasty, oh and in Nioh you have to beat every single mission on WOTD, dojo and twilight missions included.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

9 minutes ago, Bagwell69 said:

Nioh 1 bosses 2vs1 in Nioh 2 never 

Yeah those 2v1 bosses really were the hardest part of Nioh 1, the final boss of the third DLC (I can't remember, nine tailed fox or something?) at the same time as that other boss was just so ludicrously difficult. Can't say I'll miss them in Nioh 2 in that case!

1 minute ago, FilmFanatic said:

100% for Nioh required beating every single mission in the entire game (base game and DLC) on Demon whereas Nioh 2 you only need to beat the DLC missions on Demon so in that respect it’s easier. Of course the DLC for the Nioh games is a lot harder than anything in the base game. The only mission I recall being any real challenge is ‘Against All Comers’ which has you surviving wave after wave of enemies including bosses. That being said, with a good build, Demon difficulty isn’t hard.

The DLC retroactively making you have to clear the base game (plus all those bonus double boss missions that weren't needed for the plat) was probably the most difficult part. Maybe 2 will be a little less frustrating at times to 100% then! I agree with the build part, once I farmed out a good end game set on Nioh 1 and was using proper set bonuses the challenge became much more manageable.

9 minutes ago, Mst-Sgt-Peppa said:

The DLC retroactively making you have to clear the base game (plus all those bonus double boss missions that weren't needed for the plat) was probably the most difficult part. Maybe 2 will be a little less frustrating at times to 100% then! I agree with the build part, once I farmed out a good end game set on Nioh 1 and was using proper set bonuses the challenge became much more manageable.

You can just complete side missions to unlock the DLC areas without having to do a single main mission for Nioh 2 DLC areas. If you want to farm higher level gear from Wise or Nioh then you only need to complete one main mission (the final one) and you can cheese the boss for that mission pretty easily.

I’m taking 2 weeks off work in August to play Nioh 2 Remastered as I plan to sink a lot of time into it. I spent 250 hours on the PS4 version and will probably put just as much into the PS5 version though knowing my way around the game will make things quicker but I have other goals I want to complete besides the trophies for it.

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I just recently back to back 100 percented Nioh 1 and Nioh 2. 2 was definitely both easier and more enjoyable, but this admittedly could be due to me coming straight off of Nioh 1. Much more variety in ways to customize your builds and play style. DLC was more interesting too. Nioh 1 is very unforgiving, especially in the WotD late game missions. I actually bought Nioh 1 at launch 7+ years ago and quit after the third boss. Returned to it with 7 more years of gaming experience and had an absolute blast. Two of my all time favorite 100% achievements, couldn't recommend these games more. 

Edited by Sponger760