A few tips for new players

SuchRemorse

A great tip I took a while to discover was with placement.

If you have the space and you're trying to add a certain block/triangle/trap into/onto something and it's not letting you, try hit the L1 button to remove any paint or props. If there's any of these on the corresponding blocks near where you want to put this new one, it won't work. Delete said paint/props and you should be able to fit your desired block/shape in. 

2 minutes ago, borntodave said:

A great tip I took a while to discover was with placement.

If you have the space and you're trying to add a certain block/triangle/trap into/onto something and it's not letting you, try hit the L1 button to remove any paint or props. If there's any of these on the corresponding blocks near where you want to put this new one, it won't work. Delete said paint/props and you should be able to fit your desired block/shape in. 

Ahhhhh that's true too! You can not put anything on top of an area that you have added a decal to, unless you remove them first... If I remember correctly though, I think it says something like "cannot place, Item already exists in corresponding spot" or something like that. 

I am having fun with the game. I only have 1 outpost right now , prestige 8 with about 240 kills on 70 raid attempts .  Watching replays has been a blast honestly. Love watching people try to figure out the outpost only to make 1 wrong move and get deleted.

Great list. I’d add to it always try and buy outposts with 9000 life. The 4500 ones can run out too quickly before you get enough points to prestige. And buy a small one if you are going for max prestige level. Finally, don’t bother with weapon upgrades aside from perhaps the extra bullet early on…the phoenix hardware is very useful for really tough end rooms…invest in trap mods more than guards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 11:23 AM, TommyG-LT said:

Another tip: You can equip defensive weapon on the secondary slot, doesn't need to change the main gun for it. It's highly effective when speedrunning bases, even brutal ones. 

I don't think I ever used the shield once! I only bought it for the platinum but never REALLY used it..