Darkdiver Grandahl

Sara-Rosecult

I'm thinking of starting a new character focusing on casting miracles.  Darkdiver Grandahl has the Dragon Chime, which the best chime in this game.  There are only two ways to get it from him:

1.  Join his covenant and advance to rank 3

2.  Kill him

Since we can't really join his covenant until near the end of the game, killing him is the only way to get the Dragon Chime early in the game.   Of course, as leader of the dark covenant, I suspect he is very powerful.  Hence, my questions:

1.  How do we kill him at the early stage of the game? 

2.  If we die during first attempt, will he still be there at the same location for us to try again?

3.  Will our sin for killing him carry over to NG+?  Can we pay the pardoner to remove this sin?

1. I have never attacked him so I don't know how powerful he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts firing hexes like a badass though.

2. I guess if you attack him once, he'll be in the location but he will be hostile from now on.

3. I think the pardoner can remove your sins, but I remember reading somewhere your sins carry on to NG+ cause there is a glitch that causes it, again, not sure about it.