"perfect game" related question(s)

Clavietka

Hi guys. I don't know if anyone is interested in the matter, but when it comes to my favorite games, I'm not Just interested in the Platinum, but I want to 100% the game. And these jrpgs can be quite daunting.

I remember that two of my criteria for a FFVI PG posed a very big challenge when I attempted it on the psx version:

- all enemy formations appearing in the Veldt

- minimum possible level, so I can min/max later

One part of the game proved to be particularly challenging (spoilers ahead):

The escape from the magitech facilita

Do u guys have any tips?

Min levels should be simple enough if you turn off experience. This should allow you the opportunity to max levels later. I'm sure you know this, but magic is typically the best stat to raise, with strength next, then speed (the reason speed kind of sucks is that you still have to enter commands, though it's nice for slower characters to get that boost). Stamina is useless for the most part, as is MP (you'll have plenty of HP and MP).

I don't know about enemy formations.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm not sure if you're still interested, but a couple of other things:

• Unless you turn off experience, there is no way to get people at level 1. You'll always have a few battles with experience. Also, holding people at level 1 is challenging. However, you can pick up Zone Seeker (+2 magic) and Bismark (+2 strength) pretty early on. As I said before, pump up magic, and you can sit on the back row sniping enemies into oblivion.
  • When you get to the WoR, your party members rejoin at the average level of your current party. Thus, unless you have them balanced when you leave WoB, you'll lose potential stat points.I recommend getting everyone to level 20 or so before leaving WoB.
  • Gogo is odd - he seems to enter at a higher level than the rest of your party. I was level 23 when I got him, and he came in at 25. I don't know if that's set or not.
  • For the Veldt, remember that there are enemies that don't appear in the bestiary, but do appear in the Veldt. The Dobermans in the imperial camp come to mind, but I think there are some undead as well.

You inspired me to min/max as well, so let's see where it goes.

• 1 month later...