Anything unobtainable in the ps4 version?

Hvalpen

I just bought the game on sale(which gave me both versions). Im leaning towards playing the ps4 version due to not having to buy dlc, but even more so because i can selfboost the online trophies.

Is there anything not obtainable in this version? Im hesistant due to it only having ONE platinum owner. I would think the people who buy a niche product like this would finish it. Whats the catch?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, the majority of the trophy issues are fixed, including both bugs and DLC requirements. I used to follow the game from its release date and there were trophy issues, but they have all been resolved. It is just a long trip to the platinum, having to earn 1st in all the events in the game, complete the bonus objective on all of them, beat a bunch of developer times, and grind some things out. It is pretty tough, especially if you're new to Redout and its speed, but I wasn't expecting the platinum rarity to be so low. I'll eventually come back and finish this, since I no longer need the DLC for the platinum trophy, but there is a lot to dig your teeth into if you're hunting it. The game's release was kinda controversial with its bugs and other problems, including excessively difficult bonus trophies, disfunctional stats, and other things, but those have been fixed as well, so I assume people bought the game at release and never came back. As of now, I think it's a great game, and recommend it to fans of WipEout or any AG racer, although if you are a Redout fan, the controls/mechanics may take some getting used to. 

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

Are these challenges accessible (and by extension, the trophy unlockable) while offline?

The game only connects to the internet when engaging with the online multiplayer, so everything else should be accessible excluding the trophies that specifically require online multiplayer to earn (I.E. winning an online race).

• Like 1