Hotels & Retreats DLC

nik_west

A new "mini-expansion" has been announced, coming on the 23rd of May 2023.

---------

Hotels & Retreats is a mini-expansion that allows players to build luxury accommodations and tourist attractions to boost their city’s economy. The expansion starts players with a small hotel chain before unlocking more specialized accommodations.

Turn your city into a choice destination for tourists, business travelers, and more by adding resorts, hostels, conference hotels, and much more. Get new maps, new tourism buildings, and grow your hotel industry from the ground up!

Source: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/cities-skylines-hotels-retreats.1580009/

---------

The wiki already lists 3 new achievements:

• Fully Booked!
    Have the maximum possible number of guests stay at any 5 star hotel with at least 100 rooms.
  • Peak Season
    Organize three hotel events.
  • Very Accommodating
    Have total of 500 weekly guests to stay at hotels.
  • Like 2

Nice!

It's always been quite difficult to create "remote resorts" or specifically designed little tourist hubs within city areas, but remote from the "main city" - hopefully this opens up that scope a little, and makes those a bit more viable ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2023 at 10:22 AM, HaserPL said:

That's surprising, seeing as Cities 2 is now in the works and usually games like this don't get new content when the sequel is in the works. 

I think they said they wanted to give Cities 1 a little send-off before the sequel comes out, so this (and a couple of Content Creator and radio packs) is the final DLC.

It has kinda come full circle, with the first (After Dark) and last update both being touristy/leisure themed. Great for me as it’s one of my favourite parts in creating my cities. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2023 at 11:36 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Can't see it in EU store from ps5

EDIT. I found it with ps app

It's still not showing in the EU store, thought I was going mad. I have also found it on the app and added it to my wishlist but it doesn't show on the console. Hesitant to purchase...

1 hour ago, elvisfan1 said:

It's still not showing in the EU store, thought I was going mad. I have also found it on the app and added it to my wishlist but it doesn't show on the console. Hesitant to purchase...

I couldn't find airports dlc, try to open the game's page in the store and look for all add-ons under there.

11 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I couldn't find airports dlc, try to open the game's page in the store and look for all add-ons under there.

Some of the DLCs have been moved to the PS5 remaster’s store listing, Airports being one of them. So it’s worth checking the add-ons for both releases (DLC is compatible with either). 

2 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Some of the DLCs have been moved to the PS5 remaster’s store listing, Airports being one of them. So it’s worth checking the add-ons for both releases (DLC is compatible with either). 

Yeah it's not in either unfortunately from what I can see.