Are savegames compatible between the digital and disc versions?

Eirulan

Hi,

I actually wanted to finish the game before it getting removed from the PS Plus catalogue next month, but need at least 3 more playthroughs and don't think I can do it in time.
Since I wanted to complete my Resident Evil disc collection anyway, I had thought about getting the game on disc and just continuing to play it at a later date.
The question I have now is whether I can continue to play the game with the savegame from the digital edition via the disc, or would I have to start from scratch?
Since both versions (are they different versions at all?) share the same trophy stack, I would assume that the savegames are compatible?

Edited by Eirulan

1 hour ago, Anankha said:

I believe they work between disc & digital versions _ they’re the same game after all.

Not entirely true, Dead Space and Spec Ops: The Line on PS3 come to mind, digital version couldn't recognize disc saves and vice versa.

@Eirulan came across this forum post from 6 years ago, OP tested and they confirmed you could so I see no reason why they would lie on their own post.

Are the save files from the digital version compatible with the disc version ? - Resident Evil HD Remaster (gamespot.com)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

Not entirely true, Dead Space and Spec Ops: The Line on PS3 come to mind, digital version couldn't recognize disc saves and vice versa.

@Eirulan came across this forum post from 6 years ago, OP tested and they confirmed you could so I see no reason why they would lie on their own post.

Are the save files from the digital version compatible with the disc version ? - Resident Evil HD Remaster (gamespot.com)

That’s on PS3. PS4 & PS5 may be better at sharing saves. 

I can't comment on PS3

...but, on PS4, I have tried two games -- Rise of the Tomb Raider and Marvel's Spider-Man -- where the physical and digital save data are compatible with each other, provided that the game's product IDs match. CUSAxx for PS4 games; PPSAxx for PS5 games.

• Like 1