How many skill points to expect when nearing the end of the story?

I'm playing at my own pace, alternating between a moderate amount of exploring and pushing the story along. At the moment I'm at the second visit to

Spoiler

Jedha

and I've been mostly spending my skill points all around. I know this will make it take longer to get the trophy for maxing out three branches, but I don't care, because I'm not really going super out of my way for trophies right now. I'm more concerned with whether or not I'll even get 50-60% of the skills by the time I finish the story? For where I am, I've spent like 15-17 hours in the game so far, maybe more, and it feels like leveling is so slow. I don't want to get to the end of the game and have none of the higher skills.

I know skill points can be obtained from those vision challenge things and a few other activities, but it still feels like I barely have more than 1-2 skills in each tree so far.

Edit: oh and please, no major spoilers. Appreciate it.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

Without any spoilers, I ended up with around 60-70 skill points. I had roughly 4 or 5 trees completely filled out I believe, or atleast nearly filled out. But yes, completing story stuff, side quests, collecting force essence crystals, completing force tears and fighting legendary enemies all will give you skill points

• Like 1

Good to know, thank you very much. I’ll be trying to do a bit more exploring than I currently am but I’m sure I’ve got a good amount of story still ahead of me also.

Its definitely just reassuring knowing that although it feels slow now, the points will come in time.

I basically only did the story + any collectibles I would directly run into on the way. Finished with my primary saber style (single) maxed, the health tree maxed, and the force pull/push nearly done. Which felt like the bare minimum you'd need to fairly combat effective (imo).

Once I started doing collectible clean-up post story they were dropping like candy to the point where I was just throwing them at styles I'd never even use. Still not sure if I'll max every tree before 100% but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 3:19 PM, xDevin912 said:

I basically only did the story + any collectibles I would directly run into on the way. Finished with my primary saber style (single) maxed, the health tree maxed, and the force pull/push nearly done. Which felt like the bare minimum you'd need to fairly combat effective (imo).

Once I started doing collectible clean-up post story they were dropping like candy to the point where I was just throwing them at styles I'd never even use. Still not sure if I'll max every tree before 100% but we'll see.

With all of the skillpoints Essences and Force Tears throw out alone it comes pretty close to max for most skills.  I only farmed for roughly 4 or 5 skillpoints over the course of my playthrough for upgrades I really wanted. 

After getting all collectables, finishing the 15 force tears, legendary enemies, bounties, data logs, and tactical log for the platinum I'm currently maxed out on all skill trees with plenty extra. I currently have something like 28 or 29 extra points. 

All I have left for a 100% save file are like 39 plants that I decided I'd do after the platinum because they got tedious.  Was hoping they didn't count towards 100%, but my save says 99% with maps at 100% and only those left.

Edited by Snake2410

Having beaten the game, I think it’s fair to say if you spread your skill points out somewhat evenly as I did (but with a slightly higher focus on Dual Wield stance, Telekinesis, and Resilence), you will not really get very close to maxing them out unless you pursue a very healthy amount of side stuff.

By the time I reached the final act, I started maximizing my exploration (which I was already doing here and there anyway), and really started seeking out the Force Tears, essences, etc. I easily earned another 30+ skill points near the very end of the game and only by that time, did I start maxing a few things out. But again that was a couple additional hours of just exploring and etc.

Hopefully that gives a better picture in case anyone has the same question.

Edited by Veritas7Ax