The Original Pokémon Games, Recreated In Old-School SimCity.

Lady Lilith

http://kotaku.com/the-original-pokemon-games-recreated-in-old-school-sim-1553754705

lrjrvovofmjam9fthsd5.png

Remember SimCity 2000? It was my go-to game in computer class back in middle school—and this is that it had nothing to do with another love at the time, Pokémon. Who knows how obsessed I'd be with SimCity if it had anything to do with Pokémon?P

The map above—which you can't appreciate unless you see at its full size/detail, by clicking on 'expand'—was created by Redditor 666am. It's a recreation of Kanto, the the region we get to play back in Pokémon Red & Blue. Neat, right? 666am combined both the anime map and the Gameboy map. Here's a take on the original map, courtesy of Bulbapedia, for comparison's sake—obviously the angle is different:P

vopnom9r7c14cmdukf0y.png

You can even download the SimCity map yourself, if you'd like. Or perhaps Kanto recreated in Minecraft is more your jam?P

That's pretty cool.  If only I still played Sim City...the only real thing I liked in it was loading prebuilt cities and unleashing havoc on them.  I think I easily spent more time doing that than actually building cities.

• Like 1