PS4 Connection Issues

chrisjohnson93

I seem to occasionally have an issue with my PS4 connecting to my router. It struggles during the day and then around 8pm the connection goes fine. It usually lasts for around 4 weeks before going back to normal. I have had my laptop sitting by the console and the connection to that is fine.

On 17/5/2023 at 3:43 AM, chrisjohnson93 said:

I seem to occasionally have an issue with my PS4 connecting to my router. It struggles during the day and then around 8pm the connection goes fine. It usually lasts for around 4 weeks before going back to normal. I have had my laptop sitting by the console and the connection to that is fine.

How far are you from the router?

If the PS4 is upstairs and the router is downstairs, the PS4 may have issues connecting to the router. If all else fails, a wired connection is worth a try.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Well, worth a shot. Did you try to reset your router? 

I've turned it off and on again but that doesn't fix it. Di you mean press the factory reset?

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

How far are you from the router?

If the PS4 is upstairs and the router is downstairs, the PS4 may have issues connecting to the router. If all else fails, a wired connection is worth a try.

I haven't got one yet, had my PS4 around 2 months short of 8 years so have gotten a lot of use out of it, the disk drive isn't the greatest but it still works fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisjohnson93 said:

I've turned it off and on again but that doesn't fix it. Di you mean press the factory reset?

I meant unplugging it for a minute or two and plugging it back in. Turning it on and off would likely be similar, but maybe try the unplugging.