Fastest method for "Nomad" 5000km trophy?

HedleyNEUK

Any advice for fastest method for completing the 5000km trophy? (Nomad)

I had seen an AFK method using rubber banding and the Barcelona SSS course, but this still only returns around 60km an hour. With what i still need to do this would be 39.5 hours of AFK :D 

Completing one of the Poland 5.5km courses takes around 2 min 20seconds but is becoming repetitive to do, as was doing Coffs harbour SSS on repeat for the 1000 completed races (which only gains 1.2km per 1 min 10 secs)

Just looking for advice as I've done everything else and still only have 2650km covered.

Much appreciated

12 hours ago, matrelli01 said:

It was terrifying for me.... Hours and hours spent on the same two-three stages 1f614.png if you already got all other trophies, I suggest you Sweden SSS... It's not too short but very fast. 

Hi,

Thanks, i did that a lot for the 500km snow task, but yeah may go back to it as it will be something different to tracks i have been doing

• Like 1

I can confirm the AFK method works fine.  Took me four overnight sessions. 

I used the SSS Barcelona track in the Catalunya-Costa Daurada circuit. 

Complete the entire first lap and when you get to the second area where you have to perform a donut, drive straight ahead before completing the donut.  It will auto reset you and put you back around 50ish metres.  Just use a rubber band or hair tie on the accelerator (make sure you're in auto), plug the controller in so it doesn't go flat and leave overnight.

I've now only got the 1000km of gravel and complete all accomplishments to go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmeC said:

I can confirm the AFK method works fine.  Took me four overnight sessions. 

I used the SSS Barcelona track in the Catalunya-Costa Daurada circuit. 

Complete the entire first lap and when you get to the second area where you have to perform a donut, drive straight ahead before completing the donut.  It will auto reset you and put you back around 50ish metres.  Just use a rubber band or hair tie on the accelerator (make sure you're in auto), plug the controller in so it doesn't go flat and leave overnight.

I've now only got the 1000km of gravel and complete all accomplishments to go.

Yeah that's the one that is about 60km per hour while AFK. I'm gonna do the same across a few nights to get it done

If it helps others, im on PS5 and find the easiest way to do this one when only throttle is needed is to put a cotton ear bud (Clean of course ;)) in between the R1/R2 buttons and it wedges the button down perfectly.  I tried on the PS4 and the controller doesn't have the gap to be able to do it

• 8 months later...
On 5/24/2023 at 1:40 PM, HedleyNEUK said:

Completing one of the Poland 5.5km courses takes around 2 min 20seconds but is becoming repetitive to do, as was doing Coffs harbour SSS on repeat for the 1000 completed races (which only gains 1.2km per 1 min 10 secs)

Personally I enjoyed playing Wieliczki - Poland on repeat for many hours. I saw it as a possibility to try to improve my record on this stage and after some time I consistently hit between 2 minutes and 3 seconds and 2 minutes and 6 seconds, where at first I struggled obtaining a time of 2 minutes and 10 seconds. When I played some Coffs - Australia after that, I easily improved my record time from 1 minutes 12 seconds to 1 minutes 10 seconds, observing that my driving had significantly improved, not only on the Wieliczki stage.

Edited by Hugo_11223