Winging it.

Hey y’all, hope you are doing well!

Before starting this game, i didn’t do enough research and found out that this game is riddled with bugs and glitches—some of them game breaking. Well, for someone who doesn’t own a memory stick, (i can’t back up saves), this will likely be a tricky situation, one that will most certainly call for desperation for luck to be on my side. 

It’s probably the worst idea to continue this platinum journey without a memory stick but since i like to call myself a masochist, it’s only fitting. Will update if this gets any traction or if I experience glitches and or bugs.

On 26/05/2023 at 1:18 AM, isntaneXit said:

Hey y’all, hope you are doing well!

Before starting this game, i didn’t do enough research and found out that this game is riddled with bugs and glitches—some of them game breaking. Well, for someone who doesn’t own a memory stick, (i can’t back up saves), this will likely be a tricky situation, one that will most certainly call for desperation for luck to be on my side. 

It’s probably the worst idea to continue this platinum journey without a memory stick but since i like to call myself a masochist, it’s only fitting. Will update if this gets any traction or if I experience glitches and or bugs.

Do you have PS+? If you do, you can back up your saves to the PS+ Save File Cloud :). Also, USB drives are dirt cheap these days so even a small capacity one, won't cost all that much :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

9 hours ago, Yenzun said:

I am also doing this without backing up saves. Good luck though!

Likewise!

—————

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Do you have PS+? If you do, you can back up your saves to the PS+ Save File Cloud :). Also, USB drives are dirt cheap these days so even a small capacity one, won't cost all that much :).

I do have PS+!

I’ve never used that as a save option before, i guess i’ll just have to look that up. And yeah, they are dirt cheap, so honestly whilst i’m ahead on my luck i think i’ll go order one.

Thank you. :)

Edited by isntaneXit

I strongly advice anyone not to play if they can't backup saves at all. It's not even just bugs and glitches, but there's more than one trophy that would require to start from scratch if something goes wrong, even if they follow a guide word by word, since this game has NO manual save files at all and it automatically likes to save itself after points-of-no-return. 

For instance, there's a part that you need to finish without any enemies dying, which sounds pretty easy - just don't kill the enemies, right? Wrong! The enemies, with their dumb AI, killed each other on my first and second tries right before an automatic save (that part is over when there's no more enemies, so if they kill each other, the game saves and you can't just quickly quit to the menu and try again), voiding a bunch of trophies. Without any backup, I would have lost hours and hours of progress each time.

1 hour ago, Shipyroni said:

I strongly advice anyone not to play if they can't backup saves at all. It's not even just bugs and glitches, but there's more than one trophy that would require to start from scratch if something goes wrong, even if they follow a guide word by word, since this game has NO manual save files at all and it automatically likes to save itself after points-of-no-return. 

For instance, there's a part that you need to finish without any enemies dying, which sounds pretty easy - just don't kill the enemies, right? Wrong! The enemies, with their dumb AI, killed each other on my first and second tries right before an automatic save (that part is over when there's no more enemies, so if they kill each other, the game saves and you can't just quickly quit to the menu and try again), voiding a bunch of trophies. Without any backup, I would have lost hours and hours of progress each time.

I might have encountered my first glitch… i took a photo of an enemy but it appears that it didn’t count since the reward for taking a photo of an enemy didn’t show up on screen. Do you think i’ll need to restart? 
——

1 hour ago, Camokidd87 said:

Which version is this about? My gf and i are soon going to co-op the vita version. 

I’m doing the PS3 version however i’ve heard that the vita version is just as buggy. 

Edited by isntaneXit

2 hours ago, isntaneXit said:

I might have encountered my first glitch… i took a photo of an enemy but it appears that it didn’t count since the reward for taking a photo of an enemy didn’t show up on screen. Do you think i’ll need to restart? Do you mean the trophy where you take pictures of the 12 enemies? You do not get a pop up for this. If your press pause and go to your achievement progress you can see how many of the twelve you have taken a picture of. If you want to take a picture of an enemy and the 'reticle' is not green that means that you have already taken a picture of that enemy before or it is not one of the 12 enemies.
——

I’m doing the PS3 version however i’ve heard that the vita version is just as buggy.