Beyond broken. Don't play this unoptimized s...

PIOTREK27-1982

XCOM Enemy Unknown wasn't exactly a walk in the park. It had terrible rng and frames were dropping constantly but this one? XCOM2 crashes all the time and it's totally unplayable. How do you even 100% this? Since yesterday i've seen more crashes than i ever saw games on PlayStation platforms. 

I tried everything. Deleted the game. Reinstalled. Did a restore operation on my HDD. Disabled autosaves. Deleted over 30 saves after reaching 100 saves limit. Deleted goddam photo boot save but the game still crashes all the time. The worst part is that after every crash you have to restart XCOM2 and it takes forever to load with these atrocious load times. 

The thing i've noticed all my previous saves were around 3,15MB but they started to grow in size and after reaching 13MB the game crashes 90% of the time after turn ends or when i try to save. 

WotC might be the culprit here. It's still beyond my comprehension how could this unplayable mess got it's certification on PSN? 

I've read on the internet that those crashes are common. People loosing their whole Ironman progress etc. 

Let's not even start with some easy trophies from vanilla version can't be done while playing WotC or doing said expansion locks trophies from different expansion.

Seen some Suns threads here that their next game isn't better either. 

Avoid at all costs. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

XCOM Enemy Unknown wasn't exactly a walk in the park. It had terrible rng and frames were dropping constantly but this one? XCOM2 crashes all the time and it's totally unplayable. How do you even 100% this? Since yesterday i've seen more crashes than i ever saw games on PlayStation platforms. 

I tried everything. Deleted the game. Reinstalled. Did a restore operation on my HDD. Disabled autosaves. Deleted over 30 saves after reaching 100 saves limit. Deleted goddam photo boot save but the game still crashes all the time. The worst part is that after every crash you have to restart XCOM2 and it takes forever to load with these atrocious load times. 

The thing i've noticed all my previous saves were around 3,15MB but they started to grow in size and after reaching 13MB the game crashes 90% of the time after turn ends or when i try to save. 

WotC might be the culprit here. It's still beyond my comprehension how could this unplayable mess got it's certification on PSN? 

I've read on the internet that those crashes are common. People loosing their whole Ironman progress etc. 

Let's not even start with some easy trophies from vanilla version can't be done while playing WotC or doing said expansion locks trophies from different expansion.

Seen some Suns threads here that their next game isn't better either. 

Avoid at all costs. 

We all agree with you, a terrible game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Juzota said:

I don't have completed this 100% but I have played this for 150 hours and don't think I've had single hard crash. Loading times were atrocious on my original PS4, but XCOM 2 is still one of my favorite games of last generation.

Till yesterday i haven't seen any crashes either. Now i can't even cross the street with my team and save a game without crash. I love XCOM. Finished EU 6 times. Even bought XCOM2 on a different account because if you download Plus vanilla version you can't buy Collector Edition on same profile but this is beyond ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Till yesterday i haven't seen any crashes either. Now i can't even cross the street with my team and save a game without crash. I love XCOM. Finished EU 6 times. Even bought XCOM2 on a different account because if you download Plus vanilla version you can't buy Collector Edition on same profile but this is beyond ridiculous. 

Maybe the digital version is the problem? I have the game on disc.

23 hours ago, Juzota said:

Maybe the digital version is the problem? I have the game on disc.

Turns out it wasn't the case.

22 hours ago, Milkyray said:

I've had no crashes on my alt account either. Played for about 25 hours so far. Still on the fence wether or not I'm going to pursue 100% on my main account though. 

75+ hours here. Just wanted to try finishing a June mission with rookies only. It was a mission with few strong enemies. I wanted to be cautious with my fragile team members. The problem was there were zombies there. They kept coming and coming with no end in sight. I killed off few waves, hid my crew in strategic point where they couldn't reach me and piles of dead bodies kept growing. It seems it broke the game entirely. I couldn't end a turn without a crash and it was over 30th turn already. Nothing worked. I decided to check what will happen if i use older saves before that mission started. No problems so far and i even got the trophy. I hope you'll never encounter something as bad. Have fun with XCOM2. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 2