PS4 Trophies Bugged

tomdabomb326

For some reason there's about four trophies that I have unlocked on the PS5 version but haven't popped on the PS4 version despite the progress bar for each trophy being completed in my Warframe profile.

These trophies are:

- Race Ace (Update 26)

- Vallis Spelunker (Update 26)

- Bounty Hunter (Update 27)

- That Which Does Not Kill Us (Update 29)

Is there a way to submit a support ticket to DE or Sony to have these unlocked at all? Or are these just permanently locked for me?

• 6 months later...
On 5/31/2023 at 3:27 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

TBH DE don't really care anymore, the main devs have moved over to Souls Frame (I think that's it's name)

That's completely incorrect and inaccurate information while also extremally unhelpful to the original forum poster.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:40 AM, tomdabomb326 said:

For some reason there's about four trophies that I have unlocked on the PS5 version but haven't popped on the PS4 version despite the progress bar for each trophy being completed in my Warframe profile.

These trophies are:

- Race Ace (Update 26)

- Vallis Spelunker (Update 26)

- Bounty Hunter (Update 27)

- That Which Does Not Kill Us (Update 29)

Is there a way to submit a support ticket to DE or Sony to have these unlocked at all? Or are these just permanently locked for me?

I would continue to check back on it. There have been a ton of changes to the way save progression is tracked lately and people have unlocked these trophies after updates

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

That's completely incorrect and inaccurate information while also extremally unhelpful to the original forum poster.

I would continue to check back on it. There have been a ton of changes to the way save progression is tracked lately and people have unlocked these trophies after updates

Well that info is from someone who has put over 10,000 hours easily into the game and still regularly plays it and keeps up to date with everything to do with the game.

Just because they fixed the trophy issue doesn't mean they care about the game itself, there are still bugs and glitches to this day that have never been fixed.

11 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Well that info is from someone who has put over 10,000 hours easily into the game and still regularly plays it and keeps up to date with everything to do with the game.

Just because they fixed the trophy issue doesn't mean they care about the game itself, there are still bugs and glitches to this day that have never been fixed.

Considering I am also someone who has that amount of time into the game and plays consistently while also being a game developer myself I would have to disagree with your opinion. Regardless, your post is neither constructive nor actually associated with the topic of the forum.

Live games have constant bugs and glitches that can occur in a live server which do include bugging trophies periodically. Many of these bugs are normally not even present in closed testing and only appear when the patch goes live and players have access to the content on a server infrastructure. The last patch for Warframe that released on the 13th already received 4 additional patch hotfixes for resolving live bugs after the expansion release. If a developer didn't care about a game, they wouldn't care to put over 1,000 bug fixes into consistent patches to support the game over the 10 year life span it has currently had. Most of the fixes have no benefit to them other than to make the experience better to players and to think otherwise is just a determinate of pure arrogance.

Again as I have stated to the op, check back periodically. Normally when a major expansion drops and the code/assets are optimized seems to be when the trophies unlock again. It's sort of a reset failsafe. With the current implementation of cross save being finished, this could either permanently resolve the trophy unlock issue or add additional issues. Time will tell.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

Considering I am also someone who has that amount of time into the game and plays consistently while also being a game developer myself I would have to disagree with your opinion. Regardless, your post is neither constructive nor actually associated with the topic of the forum.

Live games have constant bugs and glitches that can occur in a live server which do include bugging trophies periodically. Many of these bugs are normally not even present in closed testing and only appear when the patch goes live and players have access to the content on a server infrastructure. The last patch for Warframe that released on the 13th already received 4 additional patch hotfixes for resolving live bugs after the expansion release. If a developer didn't care about a game, they wouldn't care to put over 1,000 bug fixes into consistent patches to support the game over the 10 year life span it has currently had. Most of the fixes have no benefit to them other than to make the experience better to players and to think otherwise is just a determinate of pure arrogance.

Again as I have stated to the op, check back periodically. Normally when a major expansion drops and the code/assets are optimized seems to be when the trophies unlock again. It's sort of a reset failsafe. With the current implementation of cross save being finished, this could either permanently resolve the trophy unlock issue or add additional issues. Time will tell.

Did the main devs move over to Soulsframe?  Yes

So how is it not associated with the topic?  The devs fix the trophies, the main team moved over. 

Warframe went to shit the second Tencent took over, the game became a grindfest to the extreme.  Rather than new promised story content it was 'hey look, more Kuva weapons' oh and an increase in the amount of cosmetics to purchase.

I will say I did like the look of Warframe 1999?  It was something I'd asked them for for a long time, but it's too little too late now.

Oh they'll provide some support as it's probably still making them money, but I don't see anywhere near the level of effort that was previously shown by them when Warframe was in it's early stages.

As for the bugs and glitches, yes live service games have those, but I can guarantee those bugs don't regularly reappear like clock work after every few updates, the lack of QC from DE was a joke.  The locked door bug was so frustrating when it appeared every 2/3 patches, I just don't get how anyone couldn't have noticed.  The Faction tokens to this day still spawn inside of walls (that's years after I gave up playing).

To expect a game to work is arrogance?  You keep telling yourself that 🤣

I'm hoping they fix it, I really do.  Just I really don't have the faith in DE anymore.  Bear in mind these are the same people who can't figure out how to add a second trophy list...

Edited by Dark_Overlord

6 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

So how is it not associated with the topic?  The devs fix the trophies, the main team moved over. 

Warframe went to shit the second Tencent took over, the game became a grindfest to the extreme.  Rather than new promised story content it was 'hey look, more Kuva weapons' oh and an increase in the amount of cosmetics to purchase.

I will say I did like the look of Warframe 1999?  It was something I'd asked them for for a long time, but it's too little too late now.

Oh they'll provide some support as it's probably still making them money, but I don't see anywhere near the level of effort that was previously shown by them when Warframe was in it's early stages.

As for the bugs and glitches, yes live service games have those, but I can guarantee those bugs don't regularly reappear like clock work after every few updates, the lack of QC from DE was a joke.  The locked door bug was so frustrating when it appeared every 2/3 patches, I just don't get how anyone couldn't have noticed.  The Faction tokens to this day still spawn inside of walls (that's years after I gave up playing).

I'm hoping they fix it, I really do.  Just I really don't have the faith in DE anymore.  Bear in mind these are the same people who can't figure out how to add a second trophy list...

Just a correction here for anyone interested. The "main devs" so to speak if you consider 5 leadership individuals out of hundreds to be "main devs" changed leadership positions. For example the original game creative director became the CEO when the CEO retired. While the structure of a few developers shifted titles, new hires were brought on to the new game. An average small company now of days sits at around 100 employees for game development minimum so while a few did move to Soulframe, those same developers have since shifted between both projects as new technological advancements were made within the company under their new positions. I won't comment on my opinion regarding new weapons, cosmetics, or arguments as to the level of content because that is opinionated based on everyone's different expectations for a free to play title. I have a very different outlook on that matter but that is completely subjective. 

Back on track to the conversation of bugs, bugs do tend to reappear across updates. As stated previously, "Many of these bugs are normally not even present in closed testing and only appear when the patch goes live and players have access to the content on a server infrastructure." It's a fundamental problem with online based games that I consistently see people misinterpret as "lack of QC". I cannot say that every bug fits into this category, but generally speaking major bugs appear after going live for players to experience that did not exist before and will most often times escalate additional bugs across the game. When a game is consistently updated over a 10 year life span with reworks, remasters, and content updates there does tend to be a lot of code running in the background that can interact with one another in weird ways. When optimization occurs, it's an attempt to clean house so to speak of older code and unused assets to make it easier to navigate but at the same time while also making sure not to completely break everything else. Most of these returning bugs that are not server related are recreated simply by trying to reorganize or remove unnecessary code from a game which in turn impacts something else. This is why some companies such as Treyarch and Bungie tend to avoid optimization all together and the game file sizes continue to escalate out of control. 

I do expect games to work and when a bug is created that stops players from being able to play a game it's heartbreaking to see. It's not arrogance to expect a game to work, but stating that developers do not care about their game is. There are developers that do stop caring about their games but even then when you have 100 or 1,000 employees working on a game, not everyone shares those feelings.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2023 at 10:39 AM, Dark_Overlord said:

For someone who's put over "10000 hours" into the game you seem to really dislike it, then again if I played that amount of time in any game I'd be burnt out for sure but saying the devs and stuff don't care is a bit much, especially for how much you have played the game.

4 hours ago, Leo-Luster-Pow said:

For someone who's put over "10000 hours" into the game you seem to really dislike it, then again if I played that amount of time in any game I'd be burnt out for sure but saying the devs and stuff don't care is a bit much, especially for how much you have played the game.

I put about 6,000 hours in, I have a friend who was there day one and he keeps trying to get me to go back to it XD (He's the one with over 10,000 hours)  We still talk about the game and he lets me know whats happening in the game.

I kept holding on in the hope that the promised story content was coming and just interesting stuff in general, like I said it just became Kuva lichs and grind grind grind....  it  became so boring (other than the 1 friend that is still playing), we all quit playing it and have never looked back.

For a game that was invested in it's story, it just seemed to be an after thought in the end.