Side Mission missing from Mission List? Read this..

willmill97

This game is known to be quite buggy but I haven't seen much info written on an issue I encountered. I had completed every side mission in the game but no trophy popped. When I went to look at my list, I saw that the very first mission 'Gear Up!' was missing, even though I know I had completed it since it wasn't available on the map, plus I saw my trophy screenshot for completing 1 side mission and it was there. 

I saw a few people saying they had this exact issue on an xbox forum but there was no solution so here we are. I tried this and got my trophy to pop. If a mission disappears on you, follow these steps:

1) Back up your save in case anything goes wrong.

2) Create a new character in a new save slot, and play up until the bugged side mission appears, but DON'T start it.

3) Once you are ready to, go to main menu, Couch co-op, with your main user select your new level 1 character, and join your bugged character as your main account 'guest'.

4) Load the game up, complete the side mission with both characters in the game and make sure it saves.

5) Back out, remove the guest user, and resume a solo game with your bugged character, providing you've done everything else, the trophy for completing all side missions should pop before you've even loaded into the game. It still won't show up on your completed missions list though.

Luckily for me it was the side mission at the very beginning of the game that bugged, so it was an easy enough fix, I believe other side missions can bug out on you so you may have to play even further into the game if it's a late-game side mission. I didn't test this with joining someone online, but anyone feel free to mention if that worked below.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

TL;DR We had a missing issue with my friend also (unfortunately, with the very late side mission "Silicon Optics"). What worked for us (online co-op tested) is the following:

• Make sure you have all the other missions completed
  • Join an online coop session with someone who is about to do the mission you're missing (a person without the mission done will be the host and you'll join them)
  • Just to be sure, accept the mission while being together in the session
  • Complete the mission together, and if it's the only one missing, the trophy will pop for you

It seems the game has semi one-sided progress save. The host gets all the world/mission progress saved. Anyone who is joining the host is getting progress only within that existing session. After the session ends and you end the game, anything world related is not saved. Since you're missing only one mission, this workaround will work because it'll take into consideration your existing profile progress + the ad-hoc update from the session.

2 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

lol just do any mission in ng+ solved. don't have to go to any great effort. esp if you already have everything else done. 

Yep, that makes sense for early side missions - I didn't know NG+ works for this. My posted solution is more for the later stages of the game.