Spies vs. Mercs Question

Does anyone know the minimum number of players needed to start a Spies vs. Mercs match?  Going for the following trophies, which I think is possible now since the daily and weekly challenges have been re-added:

Trophy: Officer of the Day: Complete a daily challenge

Trophy: Support Ops: Get 10 objective assists in Spies vs. Mercs

Trophy: Lethal Versatility: Win a match in each Spies vs. Mercs game mode

I confirmed that I can connect online to the Spies vs. Mercs game mode through public matches, but I don't think they're available via private match.  Either way, I want to start up a Gaming Session to try and knock these out, if they're still possible, but I don't know how many people to invite.  

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Edited by Paperclip1776
Updated info

On 7/8/2023 at 8:15 AM, Paperclip1776 said:

Does anyone know the minimum number of players needed to start a Spies vs. Mercs match?  Going for the following trophies, which I think is possible now since the daily and weekly challenges have been re-added:

I confirmed that I can connect online to the Spies vs. Mercs game mode through public matches, but I don't think they're available via private match.  Either way, I want to start up a Gaming Session to try and knock these out, if they're still possible, but I don't know how many people to invite.  

I have tried searching for a game online through public matches multiple times but couldn't find a single game

tried to invite a friend of mine (or he invites me) but it gives error when joining each other's session

tried entering same game mode, same lobby at the same time but we coulen't matchmake or find each other at all

but am using the EU version of the game (which has CH at the end of the gamés name beside it) and he is using US version so maybe thought the servers are region locked or something

i already got officer of the day by myself but for weekly challenges u need to matchmake and play online games to get it

but beware that the platinum is still unobtainable even if we could matchmake cause you have to link Uplay account to reach rank higher than 5 and customize your load out

and there are two trophies for reaching rank 10 and purchasing a new skill

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

It looks like the player count needed for each game mode shows above the player list in the lobby. Different player counts per mode. Here is what it shows..

SvM Classic - 4 Players

SvM Blacklist - 8 Players

Extraction - 8 Players

Team Deathmatch - 8 Players

Uplink Control - 6 Players

I want to imagine each mode could start with less like every other game allows haha

When I was in these lobbies, it said one player out of the mentioned limit. All modes look to have 8 spaces total in the lobby.

Ubisoft closed down uPlay long ago which is why we cannot use our accounts to host a private match. Bummer! I used to like uPlay when getting in game goodies for Assassins Creed 2 & Brotherhood, and think I even got points for my account when playing Spintercell Conviction on Xbox 360. Ubisoft uses something similar now which I noticed while playing Far Cry 6.

My alternate account was able to find a random player or two in different modes. My main account couldn’t find anyone or join my alt with those players. My two accounts can join one another fine. Maybe some regional trouble..

Edited by MATTKBAN
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Please keep me informed as to exactly which trophies are actually obtainable so I can file the appropriate PSNP+ report, because there's a lot of conflicting info out there at the moment :(.

No problem, @HuntingFever.  Once I go after these trophies, I'll let you know the success I had.  Please note that these are the only three multiplayer trophies I need to obtain as I've gotten the rest of them before the servers went offline last year (2022).

13 hours ago, MATTKBAN said:

It looks like the player count needed for each game mode shows above the player list in the lobby. Different player counts per mode. Here is what it shows..

SvM Classic - 4 Players

SvM Blacklist - 8 Players

Extraction - 8 Players

Team Deathmatch - 8 Players

Uplink Control - 6 Players

I want to imagine each mode could start with less like every other game allows haha

When I was in these lobbies, it said one player out of the mentioned limit. All modes look to have 8 spaces total in the lobby.

Ubisoft closed down uPlay long ago which is why we cannot use our accounts to host a private match. Bummer! I used to like uPlay when getting in game goodies for Assassins Creed 2 & Brotherhood, and think I even got points for my account when playing Spintercell Conviction on Xbox 360. Ubisoft uses something similar now which I noticed while playing Far Cry 6.

My alternate account was able to find a random player or two in different modes. My main account couldn’t find anyone or join my alt with those players. My two accounts can join one another fine. Maybe some regional trouble..

Thanks for the player count @MATTKBAN!  Based on the info you provided, I'm not sure if I'll be successful or not, but to include full disclosure, my version of the game is NA. These are the last three trophies I need to obtain as I popped the rest of the multiplayer trophies before the servers shutdown in Oct. 2022.  

Thanks again!

19 hours ago, MohameDina9192 said:

I have tried searching for a game online through public matches multiple times but couldn't find a single game

tried to invite a friend of mine (or he invites me) but it gives error when joining each other's session

tried entering same game mode, same lobby at the same time but we coulen't matchmake or find each other at all

but am using the EU version of the game (which has CH at the end of the gamés name beside it) and he is using US version so maybe thought the servers are region locked or something

i already got officer of the day by myself but for weekly challenges u need to matchmake and play online games to get it

but beware that the platinum is still unobtainable even if we could matchmake cause you have to link Uplay account to reach rank higher than 5 and customize your load out

and there are two trophies for reaching rank 10 and purchasing a new skill

Thank you for the info, @MohameDina9192. The three I mentioned are the last three I need for the multiplayer trophies for Blacklist.  I got the rest of them before the servers shutdown in Oct. 2022.  

Thanks again!

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

I'll give you an add on PSN so we can try to test this further? I am also in NA 

Edit: to add if you were to start this game from scratch now, there will still be some limitations given no uplay means no rank 10

Edited by Mazter421
Additional info