I nominate Beat Saber (track) as easiest SS Expert song. (+100 Million Grind Tip Inside!!!)

Roden124

One-Handed Beat Saber, to be precise. OHBS for short.

The consensus overall seems to be that Legend is the easiest song, and while it is easy to learn, I always lost steam around the first set of rapids.
[I should clarify that I trained on One-Handed Legend. The standard beatmap seems doable but my reds don't hit as hard as my blues.]
Keep in mind that I am a fully able-bodied individual; I am not keen on a scoring system that requires accurate wide range swings in almost impossible succession.
For the easiest song! (Allegedly.)
I grinded hours on Legend alone, thankfully my efforts contributed to other trophies.
My setup could be a contributor to my difficulties, but I did mess with room settings to no avail.
This was my first earnest attempt at an SS rank on this level and I got the trophy after a few tries. Of course, I'm reasonably practiced and were neither fatigued nor injured.

I was about to give up on this Platinum, but I accidentally platinumed Pistol Whip today and still had energy to play VR. At 6 AM.
My waking hours have taken a turn, to say the least.

Here's why I like OHBS.
Once you're acclimated to the speed, the beats are smooth sailing.
There are no rapids or confusing tricks, just fast blocks.
The song itself lends well to power swings. You'll probably score good naturally, because there isn't really time to think in the thick of it.
Go for the full combo with pep in your step and you're basically golden.

I personally finished with a 91.2% rating and 184782 points. I had the visible ranking enabled, if you didn't know about that feature, now you do!
It's still not the easiest trophy but this feels like a fair challenge, to Beat Saber normies like myself anyway.

UPDATE 07/25/2023
Here's the most optimal song I've found. Base game only. 
Carmellia, Light It Up, Normal, No Fail, Disappearing Arrows, Fastest Song.

If all you have left is the grind, you should be able to tackle this consistently.

As a test, I played this song for an hour straight. Even a mediocre session surpasses 800,000 points.
The result of this experiment is 12 MILLION POINTS PER HOUR!!!

Edited by Roden124
  • Like 2

I found that by the time i had reached the 24hrs playtime trophy- i had naturally goten every other trophy in the game.

so don’t worry too much with the game, enjoy your time in this amazing VR game and the plat Will just pop by itself.

the Only ”went out of the way” trophy for me was to play every level in the campaign- most boring mode in the game.

• Like 3

I'll give the campaign mode credit for something -- it helped me get the 500 combo trophy! I was dreading that as much as the SS Expert trophy.
I got the 500 combo on Level 29, regarded as many as the hardest campaign level in the game. (28b was worse for me though, because I kept screwing up 5 minutes in.)
Fortunately Rum n' Bass is a fun song and not too tricky. Though saying that, I failed the mission when I finished it with the 500+ combo.
So, there's your proof that swinging good is top priority. 

The only real challenge left now is to get 15 Expert S Ranks (even less, actually) but I consider that playing the game normally.
The trophies overall aren't too bad considering how bad they could be, like full combo SS ranks for every track.

If the stats only include in-game time, it says I have 17 hours 17 minutes. I think I'll get the 24 hour and 100 million trophy points naturally too.
I bought VR for fitness after all, so even though cheese is available for these two trophies, one has to have the willpower to overcome the delicious fragrant of cheese.
Everything after this game's hardest trophies is a vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I've found the best grind track for seasoned casuals. I put this is in the original post but I'll provide details here.
There are plenty of ways to challenge yourself in this game, you only need to farm points if you have a timetable to keep.

Assuming you perform on the good side of mediocre, you're guaranteed 800,000 points at the bare minimum.  
If disappearing arrows are too much for you, you can still get 750,000+ points per session!
Even if you beef it, the points you get with No Fail enabled is on par with a three minute song.

If you find yourself struggling with this speed, the other fast option feels glacial in comparison.

I chose Normal difficulty because it's the most approachable.
The fastest modifier simply cuts the song in half, thus doubling your efficiency.
You're engaged but not overtaken. You can do well.
It's better to slay in Heaven than survive Hell.

Since I've already accomplished the hardest trophies, I play Beat Saber casually and use this time to let my mind wander.
So, I'm not really trying anymore. Though I accidentally secured 5th place on the leaderboard.

Maybe the PSVR2 edition is still new with a limited number of players,
much less those who would even touch a Camellia song,
and the pros who do live in the upper difficulties,
but this probably won't happen again so I'm riding the wave!

Can you beat my score?! I dunno. I don't think you can.
Are you going to let that slide?!

Never mind the 100 million points, you must overcome my dare!

p.jpeg

UPDATE: Got the Platinum!

I muscled my way into 4th place as I made it my mission to break 900,000 points.

p.png

I barely got it as you can see, but with that the game is done. ⚔️

Edited by Roden124
  • Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 5:12 PM, Roden124 said:

That was how I got that platinum time ? (that, plus playing the psvr1 version of beat saber for +200 hours, ?). I grinded Light it Up [normal] with faster song and disappearing arrows on. I was getting at least 850k per run. Sometimes, I also used Light it Up [hard], resulting in +1.1m point runs, but that one is more tiring, so I had to stick to normal to pull off the 100m points grind in less than 2 days (without my arms falling off).

Also, the game counts the full time of songs with the "faster song" modifier on, even if you finished them faster. So, let's say you do a 5 minute song in 4 minutes because you had faster song on, the game still adds 5 full minutes to the main timer for the 24 hours trophy. And that (using the faster song modifier often) is why I also reached the 24-hours trophy in less than 24 real hours. You also don't need to play levels and can just turn on zen mode and let it run on its own, after you get the 100 million points.

In theory, I'm pretty sure that a true expert+ highscorer would be able to do the platinum in as low as 15 hours, if all the ways to do it faster are exploited. However, that "1 day 2 hours" was the best I could do with my current fitness level. And obviously, I exploited the modifiers. I didn't play it for 1 day straight, lol. It must have been around 12-13 hours of gameplay though, so I still ended up as if I had done a house furniture relocation by myself. I don't think I am doing this bs whim ever again, lol. I have had enough with doing it twice. The "1 day 1 hour" in the other version with "knightnaruto" was mine too. I guess that's the best I can do for it.

Now, I am chilling with writing series and playing calm stuff like Moss 2, lol. No more beat saber speedruns and grinds for me.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh and if you bought the lady gaga music pack, Bad Romance is a very good choice as well. Easier than "I need you", but the song is 5 minutes long on a downside. I got SS 3 times in a row while going for full combo (had 1 miss each in both failed attempts). So no need for full combo here.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I like that song a lot too! It's adventurous, much different from the rest. Feels really appropriate for a party atmosphere. There should have been more like it, honesty.
This song is responsible for my 500 combo, and it was the last of my 15 Expert Full Combos. Definitely worth inserting into the trophy-bagging playlist.

• Like 1

I created a playlist with all songs i completed with full combo or SS rank on expert difficulty on my way to 15 full combo songs. A lot of buyable pack songs are involved but i recommend having a big library anyways and i think the motivation to get full combo in songs you like is definitely higher than in songs, you don't really like.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjioC1SkWQvtY6RIxWAd3ZxNR7MiinBC9

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's literally no need to grind for the 100,000 points trophy, unless you just reallllly need to see it popped asap on your profile.  It's next to impossible to pop the 24 hour trophy before the 100,000 point trophy, so you will automatically get it without any specific method.

For me, my SS expert song was 'Elixia'  (sp?) in OST pack 2.  Pretty simple song.

On PSVR1, the trophies were perfect for me as it naturally took around 24 hours to get every one of the harder trophies done, so the plat popped at the perfect time.

On PSVR2 however, it was a major grind since I still had like 15 hours remaining after I completed everything else.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally was never able to get close to SS on expert OST1/2 songs due to the bad mappings. For the first full combo I did Legend, which worked well once I stopped trying to get SS simultaneously. What I instead did for SS was playing the Linkin Park songs with the new mappings that came out in October. They flow really well and you'll naturally get higher scores compared the OST1/2 song. I got my first SS on In My Head and even had multiple bad cuts, though I have to say the newer mappings are more exhausting than OST1/2.

So my personal recommendation would be: Legend or another OST1/2 song for expert full combo and newer songs/mappings for expert SS rank, like Linkin Park (at least the ones with the least NPS).

• Like 1