I 100%ed ~60 PSVR2 Titles - here are my Ratings and Reviews (A VR Trophy Hunter's Logbook Entry I)

VeganVermithor

8 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

What you say is correct, RE8, GT7 and NMS have optional VR modes and don't "count" as VR games on psnprofiles. Given they are the best VR games the headset has to offer, I still got them to 100%, but mostly in 2D. I played all of them enough in VR to have an informed opinion about them though. RE8 for example, I'm in the middle of a full all-collectible run in VR because there haven't been any PSVR2 releases this week and I'm dying to unlock the light saber. (Btw.: I've also finally played the Lindsey Stirling Experience in Synth Raiders, that alone bumps the game back up to 4 stars imo).

So I included those games in the reviews, because non-trophy hunters don't give a flying fuck about psnprofiles VR tags, but care a lot about the top titles of PSVR2.

The points for those games are not part of my VR leaderboard ranking here though.

The real question is why psnprofiles allows leaderboard entries for both region-stacking and early access. Both of those things invalidate the corresponding leaderboards and are plain silly workings on this site. Shima-busters for example has 100k points more than me and could never legitimately be challenged on the leaderboard, but he likely has less different games played than me for the simple fact that he just plays the bottom half of all the easiest VR games 3-6 times and mostly skips the difficult, huge titles. To each their own, but for a competitive scene it's pathetic af. Same is having "fastest" leaderboards with a handful of people getting games a week before the public.

What KyonKuchiki, MikeCheck and me achieved in regards to the PSVR leaderboard is even more outstanding when you realize how many people in the upper echelon just paid their way into it with lame repetitions of the easiest and fastest junk available.

Anyways, weak titles that have a flat mode and don't get the VR tag on psnprofiles I don't even play. Recent examples are Demeo, Humanity and The Last Worker. I'd rather play 2D blockbusters when not playing VR.

Does flat mode mean VR2 optional? I looked up the games you mentioned and that’s what I could find on what a flat mode is.
So does PSNProfiles only give the VR tag if it’s required to play, but the PlayStation store gives it to anything that has even a tiny bit of VR content no matter if it is required or optional?

1 hour ago, AdrenalStone21 said:

Does flat mode mean VR2 optional? I looked up the games you mentioned and that’s what I could find on what a flat mode is.
So does PSNProfiles only give the VR tag if it’s required to play, but the PlayStation store gives it to anything that has even a tiny bit of VR content no matter if it is required or optional?

Psnprofiles only gives the VR tag if it's a non-optional pure VR game. The PSN store can differentiate and gives games with 2D and VR option a "VR optional" tag. There might be mistakes in the utter chaos that the PSN store is, but usually they get it right.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 0:31 PM, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

The PSVR2 library is a shallow joke right now compared to the PSVR1. You have all the time in the world to get a new headset and eventually catch up. Playing all the truly great, PSVR2 worthy experiences would take you like one week right now (of you're not specifically a GT7 fan and can sink 500 hours into racing alone).

We barely get 1 functioning release in 5, uninspiring ports and shovelware shit where ever you look.

Ah, I must be only seeing the decent games then for PSVR2. ^^' I did notice a fair amount of ports too. I want to support VR, so I have experience a fair share of the rubbish alongside the fun on PSVR1.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AngelicaK92 said:

Question for you: Did you make a guide for some of these games by chance? I know VR guides are kind of scant across the board. Thanks!

I haven't done guides via the official guide framework on this side (I'm sometimes tempted, but the time investment compared to a regular post can always better be spent playing more...), but I commented on a few games with tips and hints after I finished them.

Feel free to just shoot me a message on PSN if you have a question about a game, lots of people do and I'm happy to help!

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 12:29 PM, VeganVermithor said:

I haven't done guides via the official guide framework on this side (I'm sometimes tempted, but the time investment compared to a regular post can always better be spent playing more...), but I commented on a few games with tips and hints after I finished them.

Feel free to just shoot me a message on PSN if you have a question about a game, lots of people do and I'm happy to help!

I will surely do that. Thank you.

On 12/7/2023 at 9:53 AM, MrShovelware said:

the biggest problem isnt the games (well there aren't many) its the crappy tech theyve used in the vr2

What is crappy about it? This is my first VR headset (barring the PC one my husband bought used). I didn't get the VR1 even though I highly thought about it at the time.