I 100%ed ~60 PSVR2 Titles - here are my Ratings and Reviews (A VR Trophy Hunter's Logbook Entry I)

VeganVermithor

Thanks for putting this list together! Added a few games to my wishlist because of it :)

1 hour ago, Prometheous101 said:

Much appreciated for providing the much needed info on VR games.

Mainly the general hour estimates. 

Took a quick peak ,will read up more when I have time.

Please don't quote the entire post.

• Like 2

This post is so awesome, and really useful for judging what games to look out for! Currently playing Beat Saber and I'm the same as you, I would not at all call myself someone who normally likes rhythm games, but this game is freaking incredible! And one heck of a workout xD 

Also I'm glad to see that you managed to overcome the troubles you were having with the Walkabout Mini Golf platinum! :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

This post is so awesome, and really useful for judging what games to look out for! Currently playing Beat Saber and I'm the same as you, I would not at all call myself someone who normally likes rhythm games, but this game is freaking incredible! And one heck of a workout xD 

Also I'm glad to see that you managed to overcome the troubles you were having with the Walkabout Mini Golf platinum! :) 

That's definitly all on you. In the end switching the internet on and off for cloud scumming worked like cutting cake and with some training the late courses felt better and better. I also watched a lot of "InnerPrincess" courses guides on yt to get the strategies down. Was a fun experience.

Thanks again, also for the kind words!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woopa777 said:

Thanks for putting this list together! Added a few games to my wishlist because of it :)

Which ones? Just so I know which devs to charge?

Kidding, I hope the games live up to my rating. Have fun!

16 minutes ago, victorrfuego said:

thanks for this ! Ill use this in a couple years eventually when I find a new place lol! Some VR games and plats would be nice!

Do you mean this in a "My rooms isn't big enough" kinda way? There are a few PSVR2 games that could easily be played sitting calm and collected in a chair, but I get wanting the good action and some freedom of movement.

On a related note: The PSVR2 has this nasty semi-hidden feature of grading your play area into one of two categories - "Roomscale" and "You are not allowed to play this game, get fucked". The latter is actively preventing you from starting up games that have the roomscale tag. To work around that, you can manually change the play area in the respective setting and just paint with the controller over your room environment until the area is big enough to quantify as roomscale. A lot of games with that tag don't even really make use of it and are totally fine in a narrower space. In fact, I can count the games where I absolutely need to step away from my starting point on one or two hands.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Which ones? Just so I know which devs to charge?

Kidding, I hope the games live up to my rating. Have fun!

Do you mean this in a "My rooms isn't big enough" kinda way? There are a few PSVR2 games that could easily be played sitting calm and collected in a chair, but I get wanting the good action and some freedom of movement.

On a related note: The PSVR2 has this nasty semi-hidden feature of grading your play area into one of two categories - "Roomscale" and "You are not allowed to play this game, get fucked". The latter is actively preventing you from starting up games that have the roomscale tag. To work around that, you can manually change the play area in the respective setting and just paint with the controller over your room environment until the area is big enough to quantify as roomscale. A lot of games with that tag don't even really make use of it and are totally fine in a narrower space. In fact, I can count the games where I absolutely need to step away from my starting point on one or two hands.

Yeah my room is not big enough lol, there’s a chance I might move out within a year or soon so I’ll consider the VR2 once I have my own space lol

• Like 1

On 9.7.2023 at 3:51 AM, Jeanoltt said:

Thanks for the guide! Would you say there's a platform game better/similar to Astrobot in any console? Haven't seen a game use better the VR than that.

Hey, thank you!

Astrobot is THE platformer of PSVR1. Nothing really surpasses that game in that genre, but two alternatives to check out would be "Lucky's Tale" and "Mervils: A VR adventure". Lucky's Tale in particular is a sleeper hit and a surprisingly cool platformer. It's much tougher than Astrobot though and requires more finesse, a bit like the older Mario titles where missing a few pixels off a jump killed you.

On PSVR2 we don't really have any worthy platformers yet, fingers crossed for some progress on that front!

Edited by OMG_ThisIsSoEz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kiwicrash said:

Great work on this list, I've been a little bit disappointed by the PSVR2 titles so far so this is a good way to pick some new games.

I get that and it's even a bit worse for trophy hunters I suppose, when you have to drop one of the better games for the lack of carrots to chase and instead turn to play more shovelware. Pavlovs trophy list for example is a crime. I would've spend 100 more hours with that game, if I had anything to achieve there. At this point I'm even looking forward to the Alvo PS5 release, even though I hated their insane trophy list (375 hours for Platinum on PSVR1), at least it gives you hundreds of hours of solid fun gameplay loop until you completed it.

I think it will get better at the end of this year and the start of next. We have a bunch of super hyped titles lined up, just have to endure through the summer!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Appreciate your insight @OMG_ThisIsSoEz I got vr2 almost JUST for Gran Turismo.  It's so good lol. I'm going to get Star Wars and beat Saber when I can and knock out Horizon since it came in bundle 

Thanks and good game choices! The only must have you are missing (if you don't care about trophies that much) would be RE8. At this point you could wait for the PSVR2 version of RE4 too though, which is likely to be another big hit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Thanks and good game choices! The only must have you are missing (if you don't care about trophies that much) would be RE8. At this point you could wait for the PSVR2 version of RE4 too though, which is likely to be another big hit.

Look at my trophy list.  I ain't worried about trophies lol.  If I like the game, I'll buy it.  I forgot about re8

On 7/8/2023 at 9:51 PM, Jeanoltt said:

Thanks for the guide! Would you say there's a platform game better/similar to Astrobot in any console? Haven't seen a game use better the VR than that.

Most people seem to be overlooking it, but I am here to tell you that the final boss, and the entire second half, in Moss Book 2 were awesome enough for me to feel that I liked it even more than the final boss in Astro Bot Rescue Mission. Moss 1 is not at the high level of its sequel, and even the sequel doesn't get to its truly awesome parts until its second half, but if you make it there, that's it, you will find that Astro Bot contender that you were looking for. Guaranteed. I honestly didn't expect it to be that good. If I knew, I would have played it years earlier, rather than last month.

For the record, Lucky's Tale VR is pretty good too. If you want VR platforming goodness you will enjoy it for sure, but you can't compare its simple final boss with what Astro Bot and Moss 2 offer you at the end. Also, even though it's very enjoyable and it's probably the most similar to Astro Bot in its style, if you skip the super hard optional trophies (which are not fun, so I skipped them), Lucky's Tale will just last 3 or 4 hours at most. So, you will get a similar VR platforming experience as Astro Bot, but it has half the stages, just one boss at the end, and that's it. I still liked it a lot though, so it makes sense to recommend it to you.

Also, I know I'm going to sound like a Moss 2 worshipper ??, but yeah, don't sleep on Moss 2 if you want to experience a great VR final boss and ending. It literally reminded me of what Kingdom Hearts 2 and Golden Sun The Lost Age felt like (in terms of sequels) when I was 15 and played those on ps2 and gba. That's something that only 3 or 4 VR games have done for me, and it shouldn't surprise you that Astro Bot was one of the other chosen few. So I can understand why you want another Astro Bot now ?? ... I think Bound was one of the others, but I would have to look over my entire "played VR games" list to remember if there was any other like that. 

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AquaNSky said:

I wish PSVR2 wasn't so expensive. Then I'd be able to make use of this. The few games I have seen for it seem more diverse and interesting compared to what PSVR has. 

The PSVR2 library is a shallow joke right now compared to the PSVR1. You have all the time in the world to get a new headset and eventually catch up. Playing all the truly great, PSVR2 worthy experiences would take you like one week right now (of you're not specifically a GT7 fan and can sink 500 hours into racing alone).

We barely get 1 functioning release in 5, uninspiring ports and shovelware shit where ever you look.

This post is merely a warm up for what's to come. We haven't seen anything yet and it's totally fine to stay with PSVR1 a bit longer.

• Like 1

This can get moved to its own thread if needed, but how do you know which games have optional vr modes? Examples being Resident Evil Village, No Man Sky and GT7. As far as I know they don’t have the VR tag. How do you consider those games completed for the sake of your Vr trophy collection as well as I see a few of those games but the trophy lists are the same right? 

Edit: Found this list, is this all of them that have Vr modes not required? Looks like 11 games here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR2_games

Edited by AdrenalStone21

41 minutes ago, AdrenalStone21 said:

This can get moved to its own thread if needed, but how do you know which games have optional vr modes? Examples being Resident Evil Village, No Man Sky and GT7. As far as I know they don’t have the VR tag. How do you consider those games completed for the sake of your Vr trophy collection as well as I see a few of those games but the trophy lists are the same right? 

Edit: Found this list, is this all of them that have Vr modes not required? Looks like 11 games here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR2_games

What you say is correct, RE8, GT7 and NMS have optional VR modes and don't "count" as VR games on psnprofiles. Given they are the best VR games the headset has to offer, I still got them to 100%, but mostly in 2D. I played all of them enough in VR to have an informed opinion about them though. RE8 for example, I'm in the middle of a full all-collectible run in VR because there haven't been any PSVR2 releases this week and I'm dying to unlock the light saber. (Btw.: I've also finally played the Lindsey Stirling Experience in Synth Raiders, that alone bumps the game back up to 4 stars imo).

So I included those games in the reviews, because non-trophy hunters don't give a flying fuck about psnprofiles VR tags, but care a lot about the top titles of PSVR2.

The points for those games are not part of my VR leaderboard ranking here though.

The real question is why psnprofiles allows leaderboard entries for both region-stacking and early access. Both of those things invalidate the corresponding leaderboards and are plain silly workings on this site. Shima-busters for example has 100k points more than me and could never legitimately be challenged on the leaderboard, but he likely has less different games played than me for the simple fact that he just plays the bottom half of all the easiest VR games 3-6 times and mostly skips the difficult, huge titles. To each their own, but for a competitive scene it's pathetic af. Same is having "fastest" leaderboards with a handful of people getting games a week before the public.

What KyonKuchiki, MikeCheck and me achieved in regards to the PSVR leaderboard is even more outstanding when you realize how many people in the upper echelon just paid their way into it with lame repetitions of the easiest and fastest junk available.

Anyways, weak titles that have a flat mode and don't get the VR tag on psnprofiles I don't even play. Recent examples are Demeo, Humanity and The Last Worker. I'd rather play 2D blockbusters when not playing VR.

• Like 1